Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Police clamp down on cruises

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2003, 12:06 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local rag had a section on the police and their step up on clamping down on cruises and meets in the southern area.

they will be looking at all websites for cruises and all known hotspots to clamp down on cruise menaces!!!

apparently 10% of 600 cars recorded on their mobile automated number plate recognition vehicle defects or inadequate assiciated documentation.

a number of arrests were made for drink driving and driving while disqualified and careless and dangerous driving.

how sad are they????

Old 26 July 2003, 08:19 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Angry

As I said before in the other post from Mr Croney ... they are spending loadsa cash on cracking down on cruises but forgettng about the immigrants, drugs and p!ss head f in w@nkers who are more of a plague than a few cars making some noise!

Although I guess that immigrants, drug busts and putting away idiots who think it is ok to assault someone for no reason doesn't generate £millions a year in extra revenue.

I think the Police should get off their @rses and f in do what they're paid for - not waste time pulling over cars for window tints and doing 8pmh over the speed limit!
Old 27 July 2003, 12:25 AM
rhybeck
Scooby Regular

AND WHAT ABOUT THE CARS THEY ARE AWARDING THERESELFS MERC KOMMPRESSORS AND 530 BMW'S I FOR ONE AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT OUR TAX MONEY GETTING PISSED AWAY. NO LUX CARS FOR THE POLICE WHAT HAPEND TO FORDS AND OTHER RUN OF THE MILL FLEET CARS....
THEY COULD KEEP TWO ST200'S ON THE ROAD FOR THE PRICE OF A MERC!!!!!!!
IF THE ARGUMENT IS THEY WON'T KEEP UP WITH OFTHER CARS ON THE ROAD THEY SHOULD'NT BE CHASING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!
Old 27 July 2003, 12:27 AM
rhybeck
Scooby Regular

get your SOAP BOXES HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27 July 2003, 12:34 AM
A.N Other
Scooby Newbie

The officers are just doing their jobs as insturcted by their bosses, in the same way that everyone else does the jobs that they are told to do by there boss.

As for the fact that the cars being used are 530D BMW's etc they are the IRV cars for the stations, the normal cars are still the Astra/Focus hatchbacks etc... It is just like any company, if they get offered a good deal on vehicles from one specific manufacturer then they will take it!
Old 27 July 2003, 06:45 AM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

So A N other you are saying mercs and bmws are cheaper than mundaneos?
Old 27 July 2003, 02:24 PM
A.N Other
Scooby Newbie

I am saying that when you look at the costs over a period of time then a BMW can work out more cost effective as it depreciates less etc....
Old 27 July 2003, 05:58 PM
kira scooby
Scooby Regular

you say they are only doing there job but there are ways of doing it and not by being a out right *** like the majority are.
Old 27 July 2003, 06:33 PM
ianmiller999
Scooby Regular

Just a quick point, wouldn't they be traffic police??? I.E. they don't get involved in the other cases????
Old 28 July 2003, 12:37 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

A.N Other - are you something to do with the Police? If so maybe you could give us an insight into what the bosses say to you when your having a donut fest, sorry I mean meeting, about where to allocate resourses on a Saturday night. Do they not know about the number of assaults after the clubs kick out and that some of the guys standing outside have weapons on them. Also are they blind to the blatent drug dealing and immigrant gangs that are going on?

Apologies if you're nothing to do with the plod

[Edited by Gangsta Smurf - 7/28/2003 12:38:04 PM]
Old 31 July 2003, 07:12 AM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Drug gangs, Imigrant Gangs, All more dangerous than catching motorists, lots more paperwork involved, difficult court cases fighting the low lifes on legal aid.

Motorists are easy picking & generate loads of revenue for the Police & they can say they have caught loads more people "breaking the law".

What would you rather do if you were a copper, issue tickets & drive round at high speed legally or deal with some drug crazed low life on a dark street.

BUT ITS THERE JOB to deal with the ******** & low lifes & not to pick on the generally law abiding & tax paying public.

I believe the Police are heading for major problems by alianating more & more members of the general public, we are used to being picked on but Mr average in his Mondeo isnt & as more & more people who consider themselves law abiding citizens get tickets from Gatsos etc they will start to question quite what the Police are doing.

Just my 5 cents worth, Its about time motorists started banding together to fight the persecution, It isnt speed that kills, its inapropriate speed. Which is more dangerous, 140 on a deserted Motorway or 30 in a 30 past a junior school when the kids are coming out. The answers obvious but if both drivers were stopped which one is considered worse in law.

What the **** happened to common sense Policeing

Stuart
Old 31 July 2003, 02:10 PM
rozzer
Scooby Regular

It's amazing how the new thing called "Anti Social Behaviour Orders" and the threat of having your vehicles seized because of behaviour and manner of driving so many of you get upset!
Old 01 August 2003, 09:26 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Angry

Rozzer ... I would sincerely like to see you or indeed any policeman take my car away from me!!! I don't care who the person is they would have NO chance. Last night at Southend a policeman tried to conviscate the 19year olds scooby because he popped a very small natural flame out of the exhaust. When I was telling the driver that the policeman cannot touch your car without you having legal representation, the policeman got very Sh!tty and told me to go away. I was right though. Typical really, a fat waste of time policeman with nothing to do decides he wants to swap his company volvo for a scooby and create some fuss on a quiet thursday night. Sort yourselves out and stop wasting everybodies time.

The funny thing about last night was that about 500 metres down the road there were people doing burnouts and donuts (which I don't agree with) and the policeman spent all his time on a stupid little natural flame. Wasters!
Old 01 August 2003, 09:45 AM
IanW
Scooby Regular

I would sincerely like to see you or indeed any policeman take my car away from me!!! I don't care who the person is they would have NO chance.
Sorry, but if you were doing something which would mean that a Police Officer felt that they needed to remove your car, then you would not stand a chance, you would probably end up with a further charge for obstructing a police officer.

FYI below is a copy of the section of the Police Reform Act which covers these new powers:-

Section: 59 Act: Police Reform Act 2002
Subject: Vehicles used in manner causing alarm, distress or annoyance

(a) contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and

(b) is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public,

he shall have the powers set out in subsection (3).

(2) A constable in uniform shall also have the powers set out in subsection (3) where he has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle has been used on any occasion in a manner falling within subsection (1).

(3) Those powers are-

(a) power, if the motor vehicle is moving, to order the person driving it to stop the vehicle;

(b) power to seize and remove the motor vehicle;

(c) power, for the purposes of exercising a power falling within paragraph (a) or (b), to enter any premises on which he has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be;

(d) power to use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of any power conferred by any of paragraphs to (a) to (c).

(4) A constable shall not seize a motor vehicle in the exercise of the powers conferred on him by this section unless-

(a) he has warned the person appearing to him to be the person whose use falls within subsection (1) that he will seize it, if that use continues or is repeated; and

(b) it appears to him that the use has continued or been repeated after the the warning.

(5) Subsection (4) does not require a warning to be given by a constable on any occasion on which he would otherwise have the power to seize a motor vehicle under this section if-

(a) the circumstances make it impracticable for him to give the warning;

(b) the constable has already on that occasion given a warning under that subsection in respect of any use of that motor vehicle or of another motor vehicle by that person or any other person;

(c) the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that such a warning has been given on that occasion otherwise than by him; or

(d) the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that the person whose use of that motor vehicle on that occasion would justify the seizure is a person to whom a warning under that subsection has been given (whether or not by that constable or in respect the same vehicle or the same or a similar use) on a previous occasion in the previous twelve months.

(6) A person who fails to comply with an order under subsection (3)(a) is guilty of an offence and shall be liable, on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

(7) Subsection (3)(c) does not authorise entry into a private dwelling house.

(8) The powers conferred on a constable by this section shall be exercisable only at a time when regulations under section 60 are in force.

(9) In this section-

"driving" has the same meaning as in the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52);

"motor vehicle" means any mechanically propelled vehicle, whether or not it is intended or adapted for use on roads; and

"private dwelling house" does not include any garage or other structure occupied with the dwelling house, or any land appurtenant to the dwelling house.
Old 01 August 2003, 10:39 AM
Listy
Scooby Regular

Gangsta...... Shhhhh probably best not to dwell on the Flame thing mate as you are the proud owner of the Souths best Subaru mobile Barby..... lol

Old 01 August 2003, 12:31 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the insight into the new law ... I would still love to see them try and take my car away from me!
Old 01 August 2003, 12:34 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Gangsta, you would simply be restrained while they took the car.

(d) power to use reasonable force, if necessary, in the exercise of any power conferred by any of paragraphs to