Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Very stupid driver

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2003, 06:43 PM
JohnASpence
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All,

I dont know if this certain individual is a member of the southern region of the club, but he was seen on the Wartling road near Pevensey.

The car was either the latest shape or the bug eye shape metalic blue Impreza, with I believe a personal was fitted with V6 somewhere on the plate.

Being an owner of an Impreza, I know that they are fun to drive and that they go like poo, but at some point you must draw the line at driving like a complete pratt.

This idiot decided to overtake about 3 cars, myself on my motorcycle and my girlfriend on her L plated motorcycle just before a blind left hand corner on the road from Pevensy to Wartling. What he did not expect was an on-coming car heading towards Pevensey emerging from the left hander, I see him coming through my mirror and I also see the on-coming car imerge from the left hander. I truly did not think that he was going to get back onto his side of the road without either hitting the on-coming car or my girl friend in front, but some how by luck, certainly not through his skill he did get back in, narrowly missing the on-coming car and my girlfriend, this kind of stupidity I cannot except, putting peoples life at risk is not the name of the game, lucky for the driver my girlfriend was not that effected by the incident, but all I can say it is lucky for the driver that nothing happened, there was no way that he could have stopped to avoid an incident if it had arrose.

Somebody in the club must know this car and driver, if he is not a member and someone does know him, ask him to put his brain back in and consider other road users. Drivers like him will give the club a bad name.
Old 13 July 2003, 07:36 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scary stuff...I have a blue scoob, with "V8" in the plate, but a) it's a classic and b) it's been in the garage all day...before anyone thinks it may have been me !

Glad all were ok.