Road to AVOID

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2003, 04:17 PM
Listy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

All

For those of you that live in the Maidstone area avoid the road that links Sutton Vallence to Leeds Castle....

Our illustrious local council have taken the decision to do the cheep skate re-surface. You know the one... they tip a **** load of fresh tar and gravel on the road and expect the innocent motorist to bed it in...

I got caught just after they had done it, it's gunna take a pro to get the tar off and I had to go straight to the nearest Kwik-Fit to have the wheels off and remove all the bloody stones from the disks and disk guards.... sounded like i was torturing small animals under the bonnet..

Anyhow... best advice is avoid the area for a couple of weeks. It's like stone central

I'm off to extract Cash from the council and their dumb *** contractor..

Listy - Terzo116
Old 29 June 2003, 02:42 PM
rhybeck
Scooby Regular

castle point in essex did that to some of there back roads about 5 years ago the surface lasted 1 year before it had bald spots where it had worn out glad i did'nt have my scoob then.
saying that i mite have been able to try my centre diff out on the road
Old 30 June 2003, 10:59 AM
LanciaChris
Scooby Regular

Cant be as good as the inspired decision the council had near us - too much noise on a road as it was used by boy racers with their fart cans at night. So they decided to resurface it with rubber. Apparently it didnt actually occur to them that this was a crap idea, and within 6 months it had gigantic holes in it. So they resurfaced it again. with more rubber! guess what happened? plus side no more boy racers because of the giant holes in the road!
Old 30 June 2003, 11:00 PM
Mikey Ace
Scooby Regular

that - as I understand - is 'shell grip' I think... normally found on bloody dodgy corners / crossings where thast last desparate prod of the brakes calls for more grip on the road... thing is, until the loose gravel is gone - it's pants, very good for bikes when it's settled down though - great knee sliding surface....