FAO Kent people

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2003, 05:39 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ello all.

OK, it's been quite a while since the last ScoobySnacks meet, and might be a while until the next one, then again, maybe not.

I AM lazy, as most of you know, I could, quite happily, organise a monthly meet at the Woodman, but not sure how many would actually come along.

Things have been rather busy of late, and it's not just due to Xmas/New Year and work, there's other things going on that have meant I'm not around that much, and this is NOT a complaint, there's a very good and nice reason why I'm not about

Ok, onto the real reason for the message. Kent is a big place and there are lots of us around here, what I want to know is where would be a good location for a Kent meet? I'm not talking pub here, I'm talking town/village. For example, Tunbridge Wells would get my vote, but there are not too many places that would be good for a meet to be honest, though I could think of a few.

The reason I'm asking this is that I'm trying to work out a new location, why? Well, I'm going to the West Sussex meet (Pease Pottage) and East Sussex (Eastbourne) meets, so that covers that part of the Kent like area, then we have the Bluewater meet. Now, to a kent lad like me, all of these places are easilly accesible, and thus I'm wondering if we need a kent meet, and if so, where should it be?

So, am looking for suggestions.
Old 13 January 2003, 07:39 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

Bluewater is in Kent..

Or do your mean another Kent meet??

Old 13 January 2003, 07:44 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile

Bluewater is the outer fringes though mate.
Markus - I would have thought Maidstone would be good central point.
Are there ever any East Kent meets as I am down there quite a bit being an East Kent lad. Man of kent or what ever.
Steve
Old 13 January 2003, 08:09 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

John,
that's what I'm on about, BW is kent, but as Steve says, the fringe of kent.

I'm kinda in the middle being in TW.

Maidstone is not too far from me, so we could have a east kent meet. Just wondering who would come, and when to hold it, and where!

The Moat nr Wrotham Heath might be a good place, I know the RS Kent people hold thier meets there, so we could do a joint meet, or pick a day when they're not there. Thing is, when? As said I go to the sussex and surrey meets, so it's easy to be at a meet nearly every weekend! of course I understand not everyone can/will go to all the local meets.

Old 13 January 2003, 09:05 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Talking

I gotcha m8, Hol started sorting the F1 pub meet at Rochester, but that pub shut down and I think it's no more.

I wouldn't mind something a bit more mid Kent, but I'm more of a summer person and don't venture too far when its cold and orrid

Old 13 January 2003, 09:46 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

Markus, there is a nice little pub, just after Brands Hatch. The village is called New Ash Green. Big car park, nice garden, and the last time I went good food.

Dan
Old 13 January 2003, 09:50 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

If you had a meet on a weekend I'd pop down to the BH area.....not that that is anything to look forward to though!

Tim
Old 13 January 2003, 10:03 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I can see what your saying mate,.
I hope the Woodman will continue whatever though.
It's the only social meet and I think it fits in well especially in the winter when the girls (yes that includes you) don't want to stand around in the cold.
It fits well in the Summer evenings too

Didn't Nito used to organise a Canterbury meet?

Iain.
Old 13 January 2003, 10:35 PM
pele
Scooby Regular

Cool

Bluewater is not exactly on my doorstep (you know who you are, more like outside your bedroom window!) but I thought that would be 1/2 the fun of having a meet, you get a chance to actually drive the car
I don't mind where the meet is, most places in Kent are accesible in an hour or so, perhaps come to the Bluewater meet & we could all discuss it?
Old 14 January 2003, 10:52 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Oi! Iain! Cheeky sod! True about the social meet. I'm happy with the woodman, just that many were not, and putting it bluntly, I got fed up with people moaning about it. My new year resolution is to be a tad more assertive, and thus, I will no doubt relaunch the Scoobysnacks meet, at the woodman, and keep it there, and if you don't like the place or the food, or me then don't come! hehehe.

I shall have a look at the calendar and see what days and dates are free, as I don't want a clash. As to whether it'll be a weekday or weeknd meet, I can't say, but we'll see.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 14 January 2003, 12:19 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Bob,
No problem mate. The next meet I'll be at will be East sussex on 25th Jan, if your free then let me know and we'll meet up and go down, it's a 2pm start, on a sat, so nice n easy.

other meets I frequent are West Sussex (Pease pottage services) and Surrey meet (Newlands corner), and prob even the Bluewater meet (though can't do it this month). And come the summer, i'll be at the Southend meet (if the police reform act has not caused my car to be impounded! )
Old 14 January 2003, 05:26 PM
pele
Scooby Regular

Cool

Bravo - you'll be OK on your own, just look out for the shortest person there in a red UK 98 (usually the only red one there), and I'll pretend I know you
Old 14 January 2003, 05:33 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Don't know if this helps, but Nito use to organise a Kent meet in Canterbury. Obviously avoiding the 1st Sunday of the Month (Sussex) and the 2nd Sunday of the Month (Surrey) and any others that may occur.
Old 14 January 2003, 06:27 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

you know who you are, more like outside your bedroom window!
<innocent mode> I have no idea who you mean. </innocent mode>. I hate to ask, but when did you last see my bedroom window?

Anyway, Maidstone is quite a good central location, even for those of use "on the fringes". New Ash Green is fine, but not really central for true East Kent people.

Kept intending to - and will at some point, work permitting - get along to one of the meets at the woodman. I promise not to moan about the venue.
Old 14 January 2003, 10:20 PM
pele
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hades - good guess was it? Didn't you say you could see Aarons bedroom window from yours?