Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Attn: Sussex, Surry, Kent (and any others!) - Final Goodwood Press

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2002, 11:46 AM
STI SPUD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul,

Certainly was an excellent day!!! The drive round was brilliant, although after the drive home I think Mark may be regretting it! Only another 40k miles to go and maybe mine could venture out there?? Cheers again, Paul !!

Tim,
Have got to say - loved your car !! Really outstanding - but please don't tell my Sti7 - hope to see it again soon

Jen & Chris,
Do you need directions to ours? Let me know and I'll email some across.

See everyone on Monday the 9th and then roll on Friday night - slammers anyone? Ohh....and the number of a good taxi company !!

Rach

[Edited by STI SPUD - 12/1/2002 11:48:26 AM]
Old 12 January 2002, 04:15 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Fantastic Day and 4-5k?! Fabulous!

Loads of thanks to Robin and Paul for organising such a great day

Just sorting out the pics and will post them in Members Gallery (should be safe there as Ian never checks his forum ) ....got some great ones

Loved the look on the kids faces when they were in the Farrari's...fantastic

Jen

(still having dreams about insanely loud TVR's, lovely Nobles and shiney 22B's )

P.S. Rach - Thanks to Mark's excellent advice yesterday we managed to find the right connectors in Halfords and after taking half the dashboard appart to get to the Radio (Guess they don'texpect Micra drivers to install aftermarket ICE ), managed to put it in *increadably* easily (I think Sextons might have led Chris' brother astray about what was needed to fix the radio ) However, will need directions to bring Chris over to have a go at sorting the old computer stuff if that's still ok with you?

Sorry, awful spelling, distracted by Robbie Williams on a Horse

[Edited by Jen - 12/1/2002 4:22:23 PM]
Old 19 November 2002, 02:24 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Below is the press release for the GOODWOOD CHARITY DAY arranged by Robin and his mates to raise money for the Childrens Cancer Ward in S'ton.

Looks like it'll be a fabulous day and Robin's looking at getting a display parking area set up for the Scoobs (Paul (badbads) has already arranged the SIDC banner - and we even have a stand for it ) now all we need is an excellent turn out from the Southern Scoobs... See below for info..quite fancy a ride in the Noble myself

Jen

PRESS RELEASE

BRAVE CHILDREN'S DAY OUT AT GOODWOOD CIRCUIT

On Saturday 30th November, some of the teenage patients from Piam Brown children's cancer ward based at Southampton University hospital will be experiencing the thrills of a high-speed track day at the historic Goodwood motor racing circuit. This unique opportunity for these brave patients to be driven around this famous course is being made possible courtesy of Easytrack (www.easytrack.co.uk) and their dedicated band of track day enthusiasts, who will also be aiming to raise further funds for the ward through a fun packed day out for all the family.

Each of the drivers of the high performance cars taking part has not only agreed to pay for the privilege, covering the cost of the event, but have agreed to take both youngsters and paying passengers around this historic circuit in the tyres tracks of the post war greats.

These rides will allow the teenagers from the ward and their immediate families to experience the sensation of driving around the track at up to 100 miles an hour. In addition the rides are to be sold or auctioned to the attending public on the day and thereby raise more funds.

The provisional line up of high performance cars attending includes:- Ferraris, Lotus Elise & Exige, Porsche, Subaru Sti, Mitsubishi Evo, Noble M12, Toyota,Celica GT4, Honda Integra Type R, Radical clubsport, Mazda MX5, Clio Cup, Caterham SuperSprint, BMWs etc etc.

Other highlights of the day will include:-

· Discounted helicopter rides courtesy of Flymagic
(www.flymagic.co.uk) in JetRanger Helicopter
· Challenger Helicopter Simulator
· 2002 BTCC Honda Civic Type-R race car supplied by Arena
International (www.btccpages.com/teams2002.php)
· Motorised four poster bed from Cummfy Banana as seen on TV's 'Panic Mechanics' (www.cummfybanana.co.uk)
· A chance to meet Robert Collard, driver in this years BTC Production class which forms part of the overall BTCC series. (www.collardracing.co.uk)
· Giant V8 Robomow - World's fastest mower?
· Entrants from the famous 'Cannonball Run' across Europe
(www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk)
· Static club displays, including the Subaru Impreza Drivers Club
· Pit stop wheel change challenge with prizes
· Auction of motoring related items
· Model car racing
· Raffle tickets

Day commences at 10 am, "on-track" driving & fund raising activities continue to approx 3.30 pm.

Entrance to Goodwood on the day is open to anyone interested in coming along, with access to the pit area via a small donation to the ward (parking is free). Passenger rides will start from £10 with some rides being auctioned depending upon demand.

The two main aims of the day are to brighten up the lives of a number of young cancer sufferers and to raise as much money as possible for the ward. Please come along and support us.

Further details of the ward and the day itself can be obtained from Robin Hines Email sloth.racing@virgin.net.
Old 19 November 2002, 03:58 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile

Hi Jen
Sounds like a good day.
What happens with the static display. Can you just bring your gleamy Scoob along and park it up or are the numbers limited.

Best wishes
Steve
Old 19 November 2002, 04:24 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Hiya Steve,

I'll follow up the extact arrangements with Paul(Badbads) and Robin, but the last I heard was we were going to have a "parking area", there was talk of a horseshoe shelter I believe - where we can all park our scoobs (although it's gonna take a bit of work to get mine gleaming! ) with the SIDC banner and stand back and admire them Don't think the parking will be limited, but Robin will know for sure

Jen

(all that just to say I don't really know )
Old 19 November 2002, 07:23 PM
Bad Bads
Scooby Regular

Smile

Goodwood has three paddock area's each holding approx 30 car's.
The first paddock will be used for those car's using the track.
The second will be for Subaru's.If we don't appear to have that many coming I will share this paddock with the RSOC as they will be bringing about 15 car's.
The third will be for 50's US car's and families of the children from the hospital.
It has been agreed that there will be a form of parade lap during the day for those people who fancy going around the track but not at a fast pace.This parade will cost £5 per car with the proceed's going to the hospital.
You may be asked to carry a passenger but that is not definate.
If we can have some idea of number's it will help to make the parking on the day less stressful.

Here's to a great day ahead.
Paul.
Old 19 November 2002, 07:31 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Ahh - the man with the info

Put us down as one Scoob then, sounds great - def. up for the slow parade thingy if possible...
Old 20 November 2002, 05:57 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the reply Jen and Bad Bads.
I will turn up with my spotless colour coded sliver WRX, I have been intouch with Krud(kieth)from Eastbourne and will probably turn up with him. I hope we get lots of scoobs as it sounds like it will be a good day. What time should I/We arrive? 9.00ish?

Best wishes
Steve

Get polishing that Scoob of yours Jen!

[Edited by Steve Whitehorn - 11/20/2002 6:00:04 PM]
Old 20 November 2002, 06:03 PM
STI SPUD
Scooby Regular

Paul,
Have just had confirmation from 'im 'indoors that we will be going - starting to really bottle about the track though!!! - can I bring a mate with a Clio V6 ???

Jen, what is the date for the crimbo do??

And are we all 'convoying' down?

Rach
Old 20 November 2002, 06:45 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Rach, it's the 13th (Friday) - I'll post a specific thread once I've confirmed everything with Jongleurs, planning on doing that tomorrow...

Steve, I'll leave the knowledgable guys to answer your questions!

Jen
Old 20 November 2002, 06:51 PM
fdpxfunix
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

All

I'll check with the Mrs tonight, but as GW is only 20 minutes up the road from me .... no reason why I should not be there

J.
Old 20 November 2002, 07:36 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Old 20 November 2002, 07:46 PM
Robin "Sloth" H
Scooby Regular

Robin

Cool

Bowled over guys, what can I say!!!!!!

The "U" shapped area's that are being spoken about will hold 30+ cars with a roof over them plus a "gaggle" in the middle of each area.

Paul, I will give you a call over the weekend, we must make sure that 20 or so bays in the third U remain empty for the ward families as they may not arrive untill 11.

I'm sure it won't be an issue as there is in reality a lot of space - I just need to decide where to put the 55' lorry from Arena motorsport with the touring car in.......only kidding - sorted!

All the best guy's, will make an effort to get round you all if at all possible on the day.

Robin
Old 21 November 2002, 08:35 AM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

We will be there and bring the 22B.

Tim
Old 21 November 2002, 09:07 AM
Robin "Sloth" H
Scooby Regular

Robin

Quick note of caution guys if you have made a lot of effort cleaning the car for the event.

When you approach Goodwood from the A27 (East side of Chicheter), Off the round about with McDonalds & Pizza Hut to your left you will eventually come to Goodwoods main entrance in about a mile on your left......However....

There is a large, presumably Civil, engineer job going on which you will pass to your right before the main entrance.

On Monday this week, presumably due to heavy building traffic, there was a lot of mud on the road. They do appear to have road sweepers out trying to minimise it, but you may want to come round the top of the circuit to the main entrance to avoid this (not a route I've used before however).

Any other queries please give me a shout!!!

Robin
Old 21 November 2002, 12:16 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Tim - Love the look of the 22B's...I'll have to annoy you at some stage so I can have a good look at it

Robin - thanks for the warning! ...I guess we could all just go for the "rally look" ? :

Jen
Old 21 November 2002, 04:01 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there... I'll have a word with the EastSussexScoobies on Saturday 23rd.....
Old 21 November 2002, 10:14 PM
Robin "Sloth" H
Scooby Regular

Robin

Wink

Good point Jen

I could make some sort of observation about "rallying round the cause" but I won't........

Robin
Old 21 November 2002, 10:57 PM
Bad Bads
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Folks.
If the Soton/Winch/Pompey crew wish to travel down in convoy it will need to be an early start as I have to be signed on for the track day at 8:30.
Let me know how you all think about it.

On the parking front I think we will share the middle paddock with the RS boys and the few US car's that are coming can be parked in the families paddock.
This may have to be on a first come basis but I dont see it being a major problem.

As long as we get the right weather it will be a great day.

Cheers Paul.
Old 22 November 2002, 08:33 AM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

count me in !

this'll be my first "meet" with fellow scoobynetters,

I've only had the car 3 weeks.

I'll keep my eye on this thread, and hopefully make it to the convoy ! Iain.

Old 23 November 2002, 05:37 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Why does everything always happen on the same day?!?

On the 30th I'm supposed to be working, taking a girl out, playing golf, going to watch Pompey play, going on the work Xmas 'day out', and now this! The weekend after - sweet F.A.

Looks like I'm gonna opt for the works 'do', but I'm gutted about missing this and all the other things

Sorry to bore you with my personal life but it's 05:30 and I'm at work and I've got a headache

Have a good day all...

Jamie

Old 23 November 2002, 06:10 AM
Stuart J
Scooby Regular

Jamie
glad to see some other poor bugger is working now, I thought I was the only one, anyway best get off Scoobynet & get some work done. enjoy the works p!ss up, WE WILL enjoy Goodwood.

Stuart
Old 23 November 2002, 06:22 AM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Cheers dude,

And the nice thing is it's all for a good cause

(Goodwood that is, not the work's p*ss up)

J
Old 23 November 2002, 09:57 AM
Krud
Scooby Regular

Paul

Confirming that I will be bringing some poles and banner supports for use if necessary.

Keith
Old 23 November 2002, 11:04 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Iain - excellent, hope you're enjoying the car (silly thing to say I know ) Looking forward to meeting you

Jamie and Stuart - ahh, bless, poor blokies! 10:57 and I'm just comtemplating breakfast then taking the scoob for a cruise in the new forest ...well, ok, I'm going to clean the kitchen really

Jen
Old 23 November 2002, 12:29 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Do you a deal Jen?

Come up here and give my car a clean and I will try and make it down next weekend?

Ian
Old 23 November 2002, 06:42 PM
Robin "Sloth" H
Scooby Regular

Robin

Cool

If interested Guys......

Easytrack have made a start on auctioning things ref the charity day on the 30th. A Manchester company (my how news travels!!) has donated at track day of your choice!!!!! with Easytrack. Pick the right Circuit and this is still a good deal at the current bidding........Easytrack forum.....

We will have a number of other items on the day incuding, so I'm told, some goodies from the Honda BTCC team.

I have also dropped directions / site map thrpough to Paul B this evening.......see you all there!!

Robin
Old 23 November 2002, 07:51 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Ian - I'll clean yours if you clean mine

(it's a very dirty Scooby )
Old 23 November 2002, 08:08 PM
STI SPUD
Scooby Regular

Jen,
Thought you were going for the 'rally' look - I don't want to be the only one !!!

Rach
Old 23 November 2002, 08:10 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

Oooeerrr Jen

Bring your car up here I'll clean it for you, but by the time you get home it will be just as dirty again i would imagine!

Jen, get back in the muppets

Quick Reply: Attn: Sussex, Surry, Kent (and any others!) - Final Goodwood Press