Notices

Problem with alarm & central locking

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2002, 10:28 PM
JonJH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I set the alarm/lock doors from the keyring, the alarm sets and the doors lock but then immediately unlock (leaving the alarm still set). It's been intermittent for a month or so but now getting worse. I'm also getting static shocks from the car when I get out of it but don't know if this is connected??? It's the standard Sigma alarm on the MY99.

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this, or seen it before?

Thanks,
Jon
Old 02 May 2002, 11:05 AM
RobP
Scooby Regular

Seen it before and experienced the strange unlock problem.
Check the doorlocking motor in the drivers door. my problem was the white wire was loose in the plug.

Let me know if you need more info

RobP
Old 02 May 2002, 05:18 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

Jon,

Most of the '99 model years had what is called Single point locking. This meant that as the car came into the import centre, there was no motor in the drivers door. To facilitate remote locking through the alarm, a motor had to be installed and spliced into the existing wiring on the ECU side of the white plug in the drivers side kickpanel. It's likely that the motor is either out of adjustment so it's not pulling it far enough down or the motor is getting seized due to water ingress. IM used a "Sempal" motor which are just clipped together, they have been known to go wrong! If you replace it use an "MES" Swiss made motor, as these are 100% reliable. The pitch accros the fixing holes on these motors is the same, so it will be a direct replacement. The alarm is configured for single wire locking and it's unlikely that will be the cause of the problem. Any problems feel free to call me.

Old 04 May 2002, 04:41 PM
JonJH
Scooby Regular

Thanks Rob & Nick.

I'm going to try the dealer to get them to swap the motor for the MES motor. I've got 2 weeks 'til my warranty runs out! If they kick up a fuss I'll let you know to see if you can talk me through a DIY job.

Cheers,
Jon