Notices

Global-i (Telematix) in Voluntary Liquidation.

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2002, 11:12 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear,

Had a letter last week from chartered Accountants Fanshawe Lofts last week, informing us of the demise of Global-i. This is obviously very bad news for anybody that had taken up their offer of transferring their business over to continue the use of their old Telematix systems. We were all led to believe that this company was a credible company, with major blue chip customers. I have not been paid for one installation, carried out on their behalf and would like to hear from any other dealers who are in the same situation as me. It seems corporate coruption is becoming increasingly widespread, sorry to be so cynical but this situation will leave a bitter taste in many peoples mouths.

The Managing director of this company by the way was a Mr Colin Parker, anbody know of his wherabouts, it would be very interesting to hear his comments on this matter.
Old 12 April 2002, 10:57 PM
Mike Owen
Scooby Regular

I was starting to wonder if this was the case. As a customer, I wrote to them only last week, to try and find out what was going on.

Anyone know how these units work. As we obviously own the actual unit, plus the telemetry agreement with Orange.

O'hum. Life's a crock of crap at times.
Old 13 April 2002, 02:33 PM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

Mike,

I've been told since by a customer that he believes the monitoring is still active. I called Auto-Q last week and got lots of "umms an don't knows" from the muppet on the other end of the line. (Probably a highly intelligent individual, just playing dumb!) It would be nice to think that there could be a happy ending for both the end-users and the installation companies, but I feel very pesimistic about this situation having been there before. The creditors meeting was on Thursday, I didn't attend and didn't bother filling out the forms either. It's normally the case that once the fat cats have had their slice, there's nothing left for the small guy. The people involved in this operation should hang their heads in shame. (Here endeth the lesson!)
Old 16 April 2002, 06:52 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

I know how these units work

It *may* be that they can be configured to work with someone else's system. Need to sort out any legalities b4 such things are done though. Once that's clear then...

In the meantime I'll make some investigations.

Old 20 April 2002, 12:10 AM
Mike Owen
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys.

I'll hold off and see if anything comes up. before I go down another Route (tracker wise).
Old 23 April 2002, 06:49 PM
horrgakx
Scooby Regular

Question

[PANIC!] My eGuard has a problem so I rang them yesterday and was told they'd arrange an engineer and get back to me. No call or engineer today!

(3 days later> ) Still no call from them. I've called them three times only to be given vague promises that someone will call back.

[Edited by horrgakx - 4/24/2002 3:53:30 PM]
Old 24 April 2002, 05:04 PM
horrgakx
Scooby Regular

Just to update, they finally arranged an engineer to visit me! I asked Auto-Q for the engineers' number and actually spoke to him and confirmed his visit.

Auto-Q told me that Global-i were the ones affected and they (Auto-Q) are carrying on as normal. Obviously a lot of confusion still (well I'm confused!) as to what will be happening in the future.