Notices

Need Advice on security

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2002, 05:23 PM
P1 Frog
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

just bought a german import sti prodrive and want to keep it. im thinking about the concept 600 from clifford. Is this the best or are there better, can someone give me some impartial advice.....also some advice on tracking systems wouldnt go a miss. the only trouble is i spend a lot of time abroad so i dont want to pay through the nose for one or is there one that works in europe aswell(i think there isnt)
short of training my dog to eat everyone that goes near it im at a loss.....
cheers froggy
Old 25 March 2002, 05:55 PM
divecon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

From the aspect of alarms they are only as useful as a deterrent from stealing it. If you go for the Blackjax anti-hijacking system you will at least be able to stop the motor down the road if you get 'jacked'. Of course the crim at that point will probably do all sorts of horrible things to the car to get out or once out, torch it As for Clifford there are many others on here that know tons more about them than me, I had a 50x on my old Scoob and that served me very well. The main advantage with the Cliffords is the 'modular' system that allows you to add the bits you want.

As for tracking, I believe that Trackstar works in Europe as it's an always on GPS system so no matter where the car is they should be able to track it. It's not the cheapest but should get you some insurance discount as well.

Hope this helps

Neil
Sussex

Old 25 March 2002, 06:59 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Certainly recommend the Concept 600 - you'd need a PHD in advanced electronics to get around it.
Old 25 March 2002, 11:44 PM
Sandman
Scooby Regular

have used a Barrier Deadlock for years on a number of vehicles mechanical device that locks the transmission in reverse and then isolates ignition, only device as far as as I know with 100% record. still does not stop a tow away though ! and uses a key.