Notices

door open warning on clifford

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2002, 11:51 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to work but dosent now, if door wasnt closed properly the alarm would bleep several times, anybody know how to set it?
Its a 50x.
Cheers
Old 27 February 2002, 10:29 AM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Firstly, make sure the alarm is actually seeing the input from the door cicuit by repeatedly arming the alarm, unlocking the doors and opening each door in turn. If none of the doors trigger the alarm there will be an alarm connection fault. If only some of the doors fail to trigger the alarm, it would indicate those doors have faulty or corroded switches which will require attention, and those doors will appear closed as far as the alarm is concerned. If all the doors happily trigger the alarm, then possibly when you have been in the programming menu, you've inadvertantly disabled the door ajar feature which is used in some instances where a delayed courtesy light facility on a vehicle causes the alarm to think a door is still open. If this is the case, you will have to go to column three, row five of the programming table (which isn't listed in the owners manual), and one confirmation chirp will mean you have set it to door ajar sensing whereas two chirps means it will be set for a delayed courtesy light situation and so ignore doors left ajar.
Old 28 February 2002, 09:57 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Cheers Max, you may remember me ringing you about the siren on my 50x, I decided to get it done that next morning as I was going away in the afternoon, sorry I didnt get back to you but getting the car broken into just before going away and whilst for sale it left me in a bit of a pickle. Cheers anyway

[Edited by LeeMac - 2/28/2002 10:07:37 PM]