Notices

Clifford Queries Please help!- Possible fitter issues?

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2009, 03:10 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clifford Queries Please help!- Possible fitter issues?

Just had a clifford 650 fitted to my 98 Type R STI and have a few queries.

The interior light dosent come on when the buttons pressed to unalarm/unlock the doors, when i called the installer 12 hours later after noticing, he stated 'it dosent on some cars, dont know why'. Im not sure i can buy this after fitting my toad ai606 on my VW myself i know its a simple job.

Also, not been too impressed with his job, he mounted the siren on the left hand side of the engine bay, into the strut turret and routed the wires awefully around the master cylinder as well as sending one loose wire over to top of the coil back for the autolock function. just electrical tape as insulation, this seems rediculous! Also, with the siren in this position, its right above the turbo, surely heat is a major issue here?

Incidently, hes oviously touched the keypad with his soldering iron as theres a big chunk out of it. i know this is minor, but still, after payting that much for an alarm id expect things to be in excellent condition.

Also, as the doors lock when driving, when one wants to let a passenger out of the passenger door, you cant open it without opening the drivers door. On the toad you could just press the unlock button on the keypad and it would unlock the doors, but this isnt happening on the clifford (or his install)

Also, not related but can the boot pop be made to work on a classic by installing a solenoid. issues i know as its cable operated not rod, but could work?
Old 28 February 2009, 05:22 PM
Car Security Expert
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

INTERIOR LIGHT QUESTION.

It should work on an Impreza there are no issues with them. One of 2 things could be causing it not to work..

1/ He has not connected the wires on the clifford which controls the function
2/ he has connected into the wrong wire coming from the drivers door pin switch.

SIREN POSITION.

The siren position will be fine. There are no problems with mounting it on the drivers side strut tower as long as it is at the top of the strut.

DOOR LOCKING.

This is normal, the clifford locks out the remote locking when the ignition is on. Use the Subaru botton on the drivers door to control the locking. Thats how Subaru intended it to be used so who is one to argue

BOOT RELEASE

This can be done with a DLM but it is better to use a boot release solenoid for the simple reason that if the DLM goes faulty it will probably make it impossible to get the boot open. If a boot release solenoid goes faulty the boot will operate as normal.

Hope this helps.
Old 28 February 2009, 05:43 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your reply!

Interior Light - It dosent come on with the opening of the door, regardless of using the alarm to unlock the doors etc. Its a type R and i cant see the usual switch of 'on/on with door open/off completely' that most cars have. Does the type R not have this function?

Siren - Ok great, ill just have to re-do his messy wiring!

Door Locking - Still a bit confused. So i can open the passenger door lock by using the lock button on the drivers door card instead of opening the drivers door? i only have the little toggle switch that locks/unlocks the door is that the one?

Boot - a DLM?

Thanks for your help!
Old 04 March 2009, 08:13 AM
dean_gti
Scooby Regular

The Welcome light should work on impreza's with the 650 he has not connected it most likley.

My siren was mounted at the top of the left turret also, i have had it on for best part of a year with no problems.

Fitted by scooby clinics alarm contractor. Looks a nice job to be fair.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:58 PM
P1_Bagz
Scooby Regular

trinity - having just read your post, ive noticed that my interior light doesnt work with the my alarm either, and that the way yours has been fitted seems similar to the way mine was fitted with a loose wires over the top just wrapped in tape. you didnt get it fitted from some guy on green lane did you?