Notices

Cheapest Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2008, 10:14 AM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheapest Tracker

Im wanting to get an Impreza asap, and have found the one I want.

Im with Direct Line though, and they require a tracker. Cost wise I don't want to move insurance companies, as I want the next NCB.

I have a Tracker fitted to my current car, but I have phoned them and they said I cannot remove this tracker. So would have to buy a new one.

So, whats the cheapest one out there? I'd only really need 1 years subscription as the year after I'd be moving insurance companies who probably wouldn't require a tracker.

Thanks
Old 22 October 2008, 11:22 AM
JonnyUK1980
Scooby Regular

I dont know what they cost to buy and have installed but my tracker subscription is £125 a year if that helps you with your costs

Jonny
Old 22 October 2008, 12:06 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Looks like its going to have an initial cost of £475.....which isnt good :'(
Old 22 October 2008, 04:31 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

about 5-700 for a fresh tracker and subscription aint it? can you not move ur subscription over from ur last car which had one fitted? im sure u can do that....and just leave the tracker unit with the old car
Old 22 October 2008, 05:05 PM
burbling1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrisdicko
Im wanting to get an Impreza asap, and have found the one I want.

Im with Direct Line though, and they require a tracker. Cost wise I don't want to move insurance companies, as I want the next NCB.

I have a Tracker fitted to my current car, but I have phoned them and they said I cannot remove this tracker. So would have to buy a new one.

So, whats the cheapest one out there? I'd only really need 1 years subscription as the year after I'd be moving insurance companies who probably wouldn't require a tracker.

Thanks
I to am with direct line and they insisted on a tracker. I havnt fitted one but they still insured the car just not for theft. So fit a disklok £70 then wire some switches into starter relay and fuel pump to slow the thieving scum down.
Old 22 October 2008, 05:52 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Ash, I don't have a subscription currently with Tracker. When I bought my car, it had a tracker fitted, but unactive. So can't really transfer anything across. As they have said I cannot take the Tracker out of my BMW and put it in the Impreza...."as its against the agreement they have with the Home Office".

There is one in the for sale section which I'm interested in. So emailed Tracker to see if I can fit this and they would give the 'tracker' support. I'm just waiting for a reply from them now......

burbling1, yeah she did say that actually! But to be honest if I'm spending around £8k-10k I wouldn't feel happy not having the Theft coverage.
Old 29 October 2008, 08:18 PM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

once a tracker has been installed into a car it CAN NOT be transfured but if ownership of the car changes the new owner can continue using it but will need to contcat tracker with new owner details.you will normally find 3 or 4 tracking devices on older performance cars because owners dont tell new owners there on or new owners just get different products fitted at more expence!the last 911 i did was 5 years old and i found 3 trackers on it
Old 29 October 2008, 09:57 PM
blitzed
Scooby Regular

Cheapest i found is SmarTrack Protector+ Fully installed £289.99 with 120 quid a year subs
Im having installed one by Motoguard, im sure they used to arrange blackjack group buys on here

ed
Old 30 October 2008, 12:41 AM
cazza
Scooby Regular

i paid 269 for mine sup & fitted, the sub fee is 120 a year, i just rang loads of companys the first one i phoned wanted 340 for their cheapest
Old 30 October 2008, 09:51 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

The cheapest you will get a decent tracker for is about £275 for the smartrack protector +

It's a great piece of kit and you can swap it from car to car.
Old 26 July 2011, 11:19 PM
LMS_MAN
Scooby Newbie

Is there much difference in policy prices depending on what tracker you fit or is it a case of the insurer either accept the type or they dont and the reduction for having any type fitted is standard?

edit - Oops two years old. Well it saves a new thread I suppose.
Old 26 July 2011, 11:24 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LMS_MAN
Is there much difference in policy prices depending on what tracker you fit or is it a case of the insurer either accept the type or they dont and the reduction for having any type fitted is standard?

edit - Oops two years old. Well it saves a new thread I suppose.
I can do trackers what are you after for you or insurance company

Ian
Old 26 July 2011, 11:40 PM
LMS_MAN
Scooby Newbie

Hi, does the type fitted make any difference to the discount given by the insurer?
Old 26 July 2011, 11:43 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Not really a Tracker is a Tracker so you will or will not get insurance or theft cover depends on Insurance Company

Ian
Old 26 July 2011, 11:46 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Tracker have a Loyalty scheme if you are already with them.
https://www.tracker.co.uk/TRACKER/TrackerBuy.aspx
Originally Posted by tracker
At TRACKER, looking after our customers is what we do, that’s why we believe that our customers’ loyalty should be rewarded. If you are a current TRACKER Stolen Vehicle Recovery subscriber and you change your car, TRACKER will supply you with a brand new TRACKER Monitor unit. All you need to do is pay £149 (inc. VAT) for the cost of the TRACKER unit and installation, plus the cost of your chosen subscritption option.
Old 09 August 2011, 09:48 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob
Tracker have a Loyalty scheme if you are already with them.
https://www.tracker.co.uk/TRACKER/TrackerBuy.aspx

The £149.99 offer is for a Tracker Monitor. This should be acceptable for most insurance companies. IIRC its £199 for the Tracker Locate. This is the new top of the range product which combines GPS, VHF and GSM technology to give the highest level of tracking capability. The only downside of the locate is that it's subscription is £174 per year and they don't offer a lifetime option. They do offer a 3 year option at £399 though.

JH
Old 09 August 2011, 07:24 PM
LMS_MAN
Scooby Newbie

The Scooby I bought already had one fitted so I renewed the subscription yesterday.

These cars are so quick that travelling at 30 is mind numbingly boring.
Old 11 August 2011, 05:48 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steve nic
once a tracker has been installed into a car it CAN NOT be transfured but if ownership of the car changes the new owner can continue using it but will need to contcat tracker with new owner details.you will normally find 3 or 4 tracking devices on older performance cars because owners dont tell new owners there on or new owners just get different products fitted at more expence!the last 911 i did was 5 years old and i found 3 trackers on it
That is incorrect Smartrack can be deriged and refitted to your next car but you will need a new subscription and de and re charges

Ian
Old 11 August 2011, 05:51 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

**Edited due to commercial content**

Please contact advertise@scoobynet.com for details of advertising opportunities on Scoobynet.

Last edited by Kieran_Burns; 21 August 2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: unauthorised advertising