Notices

Recommendations on new alarm

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2008, 01:50 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on new alarm

New Alarm time! Got an auto watch alarm fitted to the car at the mo, which is Thatcham 1 approved but is very basic. I would like this alarm to be removed as i don't want 2 key fobs and alarms draining the battery, would this be a problem? I had a Toad AI606 fitted to my last car which was very good, do they still make and fit these and are they still around the £200 mark fitted? Any other alarm recommendations will be gladly received. Its for a classic Impreza. Are you still able to have total closure on the classic, as only the drivers door has a 1 touch electic window button?
Lots of questions, any answers would be greatfully received.
Taylor.
Old 27 April 2008, 09:08 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Hi mate looks like you got a decent scoob goin on there in yr profile pics, I think they stilll do the Toad your talking about, but i'd go for a Clifford Concept 650 it may cost a little more but it has loads more features ie 3x aux outputs either timed or latch on type, black jax (a must for scoobys), warn away proxy sensor,and loads of user options once fitted. Afraid total closure would require 2x modules as the subaru has a very basic electric window system (I've done it on mine after bloody 8hrs of graft). let me know if you need more info or help.
Regards
Dean.
Old 27 April 2008, 09:37 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply Dean, i defo want total closure but it sounds like it may prove to be expensive. I'll try to get some prices on the two alarm systems with the parts for total closure included. Thanks for the comments on the car as well, always nice when someone appreciates your work.
Old 27 April 2008, 09:59 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

No worries mate, total closure you have two options on clifford 1=use 2x smart windows 4 that intergrate with the clifford and enable you too vent the windows and fully open or close them from the fob. Or 2=Directed Electronics that recieves a signal of your alarm and closes the windows only.
Me being an anorack decided to fit 2x smart windows modules, they work perfectly with the 650. Saying that they are a little more expensive than the Directed ones. I guess its upto personal prefrence at the end of the day. Need a hand ge me a shout.
Old 29 April 2008, 02:33 PM
"Taylor"
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the info Dean.