Notices

Warning Subaru Owners :: Window Security

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2008, 11:09 AM
TheMerovingian
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Warning Subaru Owners :: Window Security

myself and a few friends have just watched about 3 guys steal 2 subaru's within half an hour.

HOW?

They pulled the back window out ( from the top ) and reached in - unlocked the back door and open the front door fairly quickly and popped the hood, cut the alarm and then went back to the cabin - Played around in the dash for a bit then got it started.

Please, please for well being of yourselves make sure your windows are not loose. It allows people an easy way to get into your vehicle, especially for WRX's for some reason... This window pulling technique 80% of the time does NOT set off the alarm.

I highly suggest that you try and break into your own car because its the best security you have.

BTW;

both vehicles were monitored - GPS tracker and remote immobilizer via SMS.

We watched them get out and wonder wtf was going on half way down the road. ( Fairly funny watching from the apartment, when the police came along )

I will be posting some more suggestions shortly, maybe a HOWTO on securing your subaru.

Here in New Zealand, Subaru's are stolen the most. Why? because they are so easy to steal. e.g I can steal my own vehicle, I haven't got one brain cell between my ears.