Notices

Alarm Removed...now central locking doesn't work ???

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2008, 07:18 PM
minty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Removed...now central locking doesn't work ???

The alarm fitter has run seperate two wires through the grommit's in the door and connected to the bottiom of a solenoid which moves the mechanism to lock/unlocks the door.

The other connector from the top of this unit already has two wires which are part of the cars standard loom.

now the alarm has been removed the Central Locking doesn't work.

i cant see where he has taken wires from or substituted with the two which he has run outside of the normal loom.

Does the standard central locking system have x2 or x4 wires which run from the solenoid unit in the door ????

I hope that that makes sense to you

Thanks
Chris.
Old 14 January 2008, 10:51 AM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

if it's a classic then it probably doesnt have any (factory) solenoid wires as the early models didnt have a solenoid in the drivers door. There will be either 2 or 3 switch wires which go to the central locking control unit and tell it to open or close the rest of the car.
Old 15 January 2008, 02:39 AM
minty
Scooby Regular

HI,

I have wired in my Concept 500 and it all seems ok and the laptop agrees.

My only problem is that i can only get the drivers door to lock and unlock with the alarm.

it's a Subaru impreza that needed a solenoid adding to lock the drivers door as it did only work with a key and then lock all the others from this.

I have the grey and orange & grey and green to the solenoid and the red's to 12v and the white's to earth.

Am i missing something here please ???

Also does anyoen know how to wire up a turbo timer to the alarm, i saw on my last car when the clifford engineer fitted it, it turned out to be just a relay and some fancy wiring. Does anyone know how to do this please??

Also can you wire the intelli start to start without priming it in a manual gearbox, i also saw this done on my last car.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks
Chris.
Old 15 January 2008, 07:35 AM
scooby_mark
Scooby Regular

well, you have the locking ok as it locks the drivers door, but tell me did you use a rod to attach it to the control arm to the lever or did you remove the factroy switch

2nd, turbo timer, 30amp relay, take your igniton output wire and cut it it, put the side from the alarm to terminal 87a and the side going to the car to 30, then take a feed from a perm 12v to 86 and 87 make sure it is a heavy gauge wire with a 30 amp fuse in line, then take a channel output wire from the alarm say the boot relese one(not sure of the colour) attach that to 85, plug the laptop in and set it up for timed 60 seconds, theere you go remember to push the boot release button b4 you turn car off, then out you get turn alarm on and walk away,

3rd intellistart, there is a way to wire it so you don't have to prime the module, by wiring the intellistart for an auto matic car, BUT BY DOING THIS IF YOU LEAVE IT IN GEAR THE CAR WILL START AND WILL MOVE THUS COULD HARM SOMEBODY OR CAUSE AN ACCIDENT, therefore i can't tell you how to do this i'm sorry. hope you understand with today's world of lawer's that sue for farting in the wrong place

hope i have helped a bit mark
Old 15 January 2008, 09:28 AM
minty
Scooby Regular

I completely understand mark, thank you ever so much with your help with this.

I'll check the wiring on my other car if i can, as i still have access to view it.

and finally, I used the wiring that the previous alarm fitter used which is ....

"use a rod to attach it to the control arm to the lever "

Cheers Again
Chris.
Old 18 January 2008, 11:24 PM
minty
Scooby Regular

PS Mark,

where would you take a feed from for the tacho ? my last install the engineer too it from the injector, can you take it from aywhere else in the loom ??

Cheers
Chris.
Old 10 March 2008, 09:51 PM
minty
Scooby Regular

Mark...the alarm genius..... can you help again please ? ?

Hi,

I'm trying to add a proximity sensor to my Clifford concept 500 system.

I have taken the earth (when armed) & 12v feed's to it, but it also has two wires, one for the 'warn away' and one for the 'full trigger' basically the two zones that the proximity sensor covers.

I have tried to wire the two wires(which can be put together on certain systems, not sure if mine is) to the blue/white wire on the clifford which is for the additional proximity sensor.

But

it doesnt trigger the alarm, nor does it chirp for a warn away.

How should i connect the proximity to the clifford please?

any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chris.