Notices

Sigma m30 wont let me in!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2007, 08:02 PM
stephen craig
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma m30 wont let me in!

My dad has picked up my new impreza road car tonight but i cant get in the thing!
When i press the keyfob to unlock the car it imedietly locks it self again. Ive tried approx 20 times and its only opened once.
I Gave up with the key fob and went to un lock it with the key and its still re locking it self as soon as its un locked.
When i viewed the car the guy opened it up no problem, am i being a plank or is there something wrong with the system?
Thanks steve.
Old 08 November 2007, 02:33 PM
Manta Ray
Scooby Newbie

I suspect that this is a pre-2001 model?

If so, it sounds to me that you have a problem with the vehicle's central door locking system, possibly the relay, but much more likely the switch in the drivers door - attached to the lock mechanism.

The alarm is working correctly, however, the vehicle's switch is stuck in the "lock" position and this is why the vehicles CDL relay keeps locking the vehicle as soon as it is unlocked - whether using the key or the remote.
Old 08 November 2007, 03:50 PM
scoobypile
Scooby Regular

get in from the passenger side, and open the door that way, overide the alarm with the keypad and you can then change the drivers door switch,
Old 08 November 2007, 05:01 PM
stephen craig
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that guys, any idea where to buy new drivers door switch from?
Cheers Steve.
Old 09 November 2007, 10:32 PM
Manta Ray
Scooby Newbie

Have to be a main dealers or a breakers I suspect, as it's the switch on the door barrel/lock mechanism at fault.
If you have already pressed the remote to unlock the car (but it re-locks) then when you enter the vehicle, using the key in the door barrel, there should be no need to enter the PIN into the keypad - the alarm system is operating correctly and will already be disarmed from when you initially unlocked the car with the remote. It is only the vehicle's CDL that is re-locking, the alarm will not be re-arming. This can be confirmed by the alarm system's status LED.

Last edited by Manta Ray; 09 November 2007 at 10:36 PM.