Sigma alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2007, 04:47 PM
DaveWoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma alarm problem

Hi All
had a problem today - my missus went off to work with my Scooby keys in her pocket. Got the spare set out - the radio button has battery life, as you can see the red lights, but it wouldn't open the car?
I did consult my manual and did manage to get in and drive it, but has any body else had this happen to them, or any advice?
Cheers
Dave
Old 20 March 2007, 05:30 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I'd say the battery is nearly flat, enough battery to light up the little red bulb but not enough to power the fob. Had this in the past, changed the battery and it worked fine after that.

mind you it could just be fooked, Swap the battery over with the one you normally use and see if this sorts it out.
Old 20 March 2007, 05:40 PM
robertdon777
Scooby Regular

These alarms are rubbish, i have one on a MY01 (classic). In 2 years of ownership its locked me out/ immobilised me 3 times (flat bed breakdown truck home!) and the number of times i've been stood outside it waving the keyfob!!!!

I carry a brand new set of batterys in the glove box as i find they drain very quickly, the red light will show but that doesn't indicate its giving off a signal.

They suffer a great deal from radio/phone mast inteferance, there are some places that i just can't park my car without fear of being locked out.

Rob
Old 20 March 2007, 06:04 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't say they are rubbish. Do you not know the 4 digit code to manually override? If you did, you wouldn't have had to use a flatbed truck.

Search this site, I got some great info regarding these alarms, also a user manual, that lets you change the settings that the dealers would normally charge you for.
It could be, as mentioned, that the battery has gone. Sometimes, the fob will need to be re-programmed to the alarm if it has.
Old 20 March 2007, 06:59 PM
DaveWoo
Scooby Regular

Tried the battery - still didn't work, so I will try and reprogram them at the weekend - strange how it worked OK last time I used them though!
Old 20 March 2007, 10:21 PM
robertdon777
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
I wouldn't say they are rubbish. Do you not know the 4 digit code to manually override? If you did, you wouldn't have had to use a flatbed truck.

Search this site, I got some great info regarding these alarms, also a user manual, that lets you change the settings that the dealers would normally charge you for.
It could be, as mentioned, that the battery has gone. Sometimes, the fob will need to be re-programmed to the alarm if it has.
Damn, i know the 4 digit code , didn't know i could overide it with this. I've done some changes to the alarm with it ie. auto door lock etc.

Rob
Old 20 March 2007, 11:59 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

you'll need both fobs present, to re-program. Otherwise the working one will not work anymore.
Old 21 March 2007, 09:00 PM
cuttsysti
Scooby Regular

I have a similar problem to this. Whilst on the school run yesterday, the alarm would not deactivate to unlock the car.
Having changed the battery in the fob, which I assumed to be the problem, the fob still will not work.
Does this mean I need to reprogramme both fobs to the alarm, or does it more likely mean that one fob has become faulty?
Old 22 March 2007, 08:32 PM
Slap Head
Scooby Regular

Just think if Sigma Sam was still allowed on here, then your questions would have been answered by now

He had helped me out with sigma questions more than once
Old 22 March 2007, 10:17 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slap Head
Just think if Sigma Sam was still allowed on here, then your questions would have been answered by now

He had helped me out with sigma questions more than once
I rest my case

Ian