Notices

Tracker Question

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2007, 09:02 AM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker Question

I have a Tracker installed on the Scoob. I paid for it to be fitted, and I should have heard from the Tracker company about paying the subs.

I never did hear, so I phoned them up after about a month, and was told they couldn't find me on the system, or my car.

Managed to get through to customer services who asked me to fax the installation documents.

They have confirmed receipt of the fax and assure me they will be in touch to sort out the subs.

That was about 2-3 weeks ago and still nothing.

Tracker has now been installed for about 6-7 weeks, and although I've paid the installation I haven't paid any subs.

Tracker assure me that if the car is stolen they can locate it using the device, as it is active when it is installed. They just use the serial number of the Tracker unit which is on the installation sheet.

However, I assume this means they aren't "actively" monitoring the car; i.e. if it moves without the ignition key (unlikely but possible - more likely they'll nick the keys and take it) they won't call me.

So my questions are

1) why pay subs, if they can track it anyway
2) i've tried to pay the subs twice (installer and I both faxed them) and no luck - what next !!!!!!
Old 15 February 2007, 09:15 AM
EmEm
Scooby Regular

HI

I had the exact same problem with Tracker, the only difference was I bought the car with a Tracker and the previous owner had stopped the Sub, so I needed to contact them to reactivate it, start the sub and change ownership details.....
.....almost 2 months after I bought the car, it was all done! This was after phone calls, emails and letters!! Even after I managed to change it all over the phone, and pay for the sub, I still had to call them back 2 weeks later to ask where my "welcome" pack was !!

All I would suggest is keep trying! When you do get through to someone tell them your not happy with the service and you want EVERYTHING sorted within a phone call! Once its all sorted, its going to be worth it !!
Old 15 February 2007, 09:18 AM
Anderooo
Scooby Regular

Can only echo the comments made, when I purchased my car I had to get the sub restarted. And it tooks weeks for them to finally start taking money from me. And even now 6 months later I have had no documentation from them at all.

Just keep trying and hopefully you will get the helpful young lady I spoke to, who actually helped me out and set the thing up.
Old 15 February 2007, 09:23 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I'm surprised.

I picked my car up around January 7th, gave Trackstar+ a call to inform them about change of ownership; they checked it there and then, and I had the subscription documents within the week. Filled them out, and received my certificate and the like about a week after that.

Just to show you that they can do it!
Old 15 February 2007, 09:29 AM
cwt
Scooby Regular

Default tracker

Same poblem hear after 6 months they still havent sorted my new account out.
PLus when i sai i had paid in full for my old car there was 6 months to run on the exisiting subscipition i asked can i change it over to the new car NO i got told it would be another £120 plus a transfer fee of £30 what do i get extra for the increase so i rang back no less than 30 times to get the difference back and with no real sucess, your car is still active i know this because i broke down the other day and had the car bought home on a low loader then tracker control rung me to ask if i knew where my car was/is.
And i havent paid for this years subsciption, and its live so yes i agree what the piont in paying ????????????
anyway thats my findings
DONT USE TRACKER AS A COMPANY.
Old 15 February 2007, 05:32 PM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

Hmmm I guess it's not unusual for them to be completely sh*t.

Thing is, are they monitoring the car or not.... who are they going to phone if it does move..... and if it is stolen how are they going to locate it (given that they don't have any details of me or the car on record) !!!!

I mean I don't want to pay them money if I don't have to (due to their incompetence) but at the same time I want to make sure I am covered :s

I chose Tracker because the cop cars have th eTracker units in them instead of having to rely on Trackstar's control centre.
Old 15 February 2007, 05:54 PM
Smudga
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
I'm surprised.

I picked my car up around January 7th, gave Trackstar+ a call to inform them about change of ownership; they checked it there and then, and I had the subscription documents within the week. Filled them out, and received my certificate and the like about a week after that.

Just to show you that they can do it!
There's a difference... Trackstar is not the same company as Tracker... 2 totally different systems...

I had RAC Trackstar + in my last scoob, they were quick and seemed efficient, they sent out the certificates etc instantly and were easy to contact. They would even run a test up to 6 times a year FOC to see if your system was working..... you ring them, give your details, then they ring you back and tell you wher the car is

Tracker are a complete nightmare, get passed from one person to the next and I dont think anyone knows what they are doing. I eventually paid for my subscription over the phone and was told that everything I need would be sent in the next few days...... well its clear then that I dont need anything cos nowts arrived after 2 weeks!!!!...and they dont run tests on your installed stuff...so how do you know it works eh? Ive got one with GPS in it so should be a piece of cake to test......

....grrrrrrrr niffed off
Old 15 February 2007, 11:48 PM
2pac
Scooby Regular

i phoned tracker up yesterday to put tracker in my name and to get new certificate for insurance and i came today, couldnt have been easier
Old 16 February 2007, 07:35 AM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

Which number did you call? I've called twice and still not managed to get any paperwork or pay for subscriptions!!
Old 19 February 2007, 05:18 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Ah sorry - my bad.
Old 16 March 2007, 03:55 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Tracker wrote to me a few days ago to say I hadn't paid the subs for Oct 06. Now I really am surprised about this as I'm 95% sure I rang and paid with a credit card.

I've since transfered my card and don't know who I used to pay for it. I can't prove I did and I'm sure if I ring them they'll just say theres no record of me calling them.

I have asked my insurer how much it would be to insure the car only using the clifford 600 - £40 increase.

Tracker want £120 and as mentioned above, unless its moved you've no idea if the thing actually works.

Personally I'm saving my £70.