Notices

SIGMA M30 flashes..

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2006, 10:03 AM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIGMA M30 flashes..

... can you disarm the indicators so they dont flash as I am having problems with the drivers indicator staying on when you arm or disarm the alarm and it takes a good few on offs before its off!

Thanks RR
Old 28 June 2006, 02:47 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rice Rocket
... can you disarm the indicators so they dont flash as I am having problems with the drivers indicator staying on when you arm or disarm the alarm and it takes a good few on offs before its off!

Thanks RR
Unfortunately the Sigma M-Series (Including the M30) does not have the facility in the software menu to enable the indicator flashes to be turned on or off whilst arming or disarming the alarm system. I am sure I have read about this situation occurring in a previous thread but having just searched for previous threads regarding this topic I am unable to find any information, but I seem to remember it was regarding an older MY 00/01 and the indicators on one side of the vehicle staying on (Hence, one of the two indicator outputs on the alarm ECU acting erratically! Presuming your vehicle is an older MY and out of warranty there are a couple of fixes. Firstly there is the option to go to your nearest Subaru dealer and obtain a quote to supply and replace the Sigma ECU in your vehicle (Subaru part No. SACC3465). Secondly, there is also a fix which involves modifying the alarms wiring – This is not a course of action I would recommend though as the product should not ever be modified, and the appropriate steps to check, test and replace anything to do with the security system on your vehicle should only be carried out by an authorised Sigma dealer - Including Subaru.
Old 28 June 2006, 04:02 PM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Thannks Mikey, i'll pop over to my friendily stealer and get a quote or I may just get a new alarm all together!

RR
Old 28 June 2006, 04:19 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rice Rocket
Thannks Mikey, i'll pop over to my friendily stealer and get a quote or I may just get a new alarm all together!

RR
I would stick with the M30 you already have, get a new ECU and be done with it, this will be more cost effective than a new alarm system, and if you are worrying about the potential for this problem to occur again just search Scoobynet and try and find the threads for this problem - they do not exist - a testament to the product really!