Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma Alarm

Hi I have a sigma alarm, does anyone have a link to their website? many thanx
Old 12 June 2006, 01:43 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

We dont have specific website for the Sigma brand, although it does appear on the company group website, which is www.toade.com
Is there something in particular that you are looking for, I may be able to help.
SS
Old 12 June 2006, 02:12 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

basically i have a sigma alarm system installed on my car (corsa, not quite a scooby :-) ), but this is the only forum i hav found that anyone actually talks about sigma alarm systems. It was an upgrade and uses the original fob that came with the car. Can I put proximity sensors on? and engine autostart? i will look on the box to find out a model in half hour. Im guessing its a S30 series? as its has the tri colour led?
Old 12 June 2006, 04:03 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

If its an S30, then you're in luck.
An AS625 dual zone microwave sensor can be plugged in to give you your proximity sensor and the S30 can also switch a remote start unit. However, we do not supply such devices and fitting a remote start device will void the Cat 1 status of the S30.
Hope thats some help.
SS
Old 12 June 2006, 04:16 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

the remote start i am not as bothered about. The AS625 is for Toad alarms but i assume as sigma is part of toad they will work fine? Will i need to do anything to the alarm system to make it realise its actually there?!

Just looked on the box in the car and it has 3 connectors spare on the unit, one says Single and is a black connector, one say Dual and is a white connector and another saying Accu plug or something. I assume the dual is the dual 2 stage proximity sensor?!

Last edited by jaypee; 12 June 2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12 June 2006, 04:49 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

AS625 is suited for both Toad and Sigma products and the S-Series systems were designed with this sensor in mind. The S30 siren also contains the necessary software to produce a prewarn output that can be switch between a soft tone or a louder bleep if required.
The AS625 is supplied with a lead that plugs straight into the "Dual" socket on the S30. The only adjustment necessary is to set the microwave sensitivity itself on the 625 unit.
The "Acc" connector is for other inputs/outputs that are available from the S-Series such as Internal Panic Switch, Closed Loop Circuit, 2 Stage Unlocking, Headlamp Illumination, Interior Lamp Illumination, Boot Release, Total Closure, Auxilary Sirens or Pager etc

SS
Old 12 June 2006, 05:32 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

Sweet, just ordered a AS625, simple case of plug and play, cheers for your help SS
Old 12 June 2006, 09:05 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

heya just spoke to the guy i bought the proximity sensor off about the pager (its not gsm but a 500m which is ok ) but he said it has to be hard wired in, as it doesnt come with a connector to the accplug it has about 6 wires, to go to different sensors

Last edited by jaypee; 12 June 2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12 June 2006, 09:28 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

also another completely random question, can the sound be changed on the alarm system wen arming and disarming, because it really does suck and on a busy street u cant hear it!
Old 13 June 2006, 09:17 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Arm and Disarm Tones:
Unfortunately due to all the inputs outputs and other adjustability on the S30 we ran out of processer space.
Arm and disarm tones are not permitted under EU legislation (hence turned off when the alarm is at default), so although we have provision for them to be turned on (in non EU countries of course) their volume is not adjustable I'm afraid to free up space for other functions.

With regard to the pager, it won't just plug in but will need to be hard-wired to a live, earth and the alarm trigger output to activate it.
The S30 comes with an 8-pole pole plug that fits into the Acc socket - sounds like this may have been discarded when your system was installed as none of the features were being used.
The wires on the ACC plug are all black but numbered. Wire 2 (second from right) is the output "when triggered" to activate a pager. Wire 1 (far right) is the output "when armed" that may also be needed depending on the pager being used. If you drop me a PM with your address I'll post another Acc plug out to you)
If the 500m range is an issue, then the Toad Text Alert pager is a GSM unit without the range limitations of Radio Pager systems and additionally will text your mobile to advise of l"ow vehicle battery voltage" via a pay as you go SIM. The Text Alert can also be used as basic tracking system if the optional subscription to the web service is taken up.

SS
Old 14 June 2006, 05:45 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

i dont suppose u know the pinout for the siren and what voltage? theres three wires, i think red yellow green? Also the rest of the pins on the Acc plug, the headlight one would be quite kool to implement

Last edited by jaypee; 14 June 2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 14 June 2006, 06:53 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by jaypee
i dont suppose u know the pinout for the siren and what voltage? theres three wires, i think red yellow green? Also the rest of the pins on the Acc plug, the headlight one would be quite kool to implement
Keep away from the siren plug!! - it comprises the siren supply, earth, bonnet switch wire (at alarm unit end) and a coded data link that's no use to pick any output up from. If you want a "triggered" output it's on the Acc plug.
I've sent the Acc plug to you today with a diagram showing the other Acc outputs - remember that these are all low current outputs (<300mA) so they should be used to switch a relay that then inturn powers the headlights etc.

If using the headlamp output, you may need make some adjustments to programming as the output can be set to illuminate the lamps on "arm only" or "arm and disarm". The length of time the lamps stay illuminated can also be adjusted. between 1-60 seconds.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 15 June 2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 15 June 2006, 03:07 AM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

i was looking at the siren end (the siren is fairly quiet), the siren has 3 wires, i assume for the two different sounds both at 12v? anyway what do i have to do to program the unit to do the headlights??! is there an instruction manual (pdf) ? many thanx

Oh yea received microwave sensor today, works sweet just gotta lift up the centre console to fit it

Last edited by jaypee; 15 June 2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 15 June 2006, 05:17 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Unfortunately, the volume of the siren when triggering cannot be adjusted, but is already at a maximum level - within the limits of EU legislation.
As the available space under the bonnet of new cars decreases, so the size of the siren have too, whilst also having to include a back-up battery on Cat 1 models such as the S30.
The main problem here that compounds the problem is usually poor location as modern vehicles have a high degree of sound proofing under the bonnet, careful consideration must be given to mounting the siren in an area where the sound can be emitted as freely as possible.
The 3 wires at the siren are permanent 12v, earth and the coded data link. The siren has its own on-board processor that interprets coded signal from the alarm unit and sounds as neccesary ie prewarn tone, arm/disarm tone, warning bleep full trigger etc. As I posted before, the siren wires are best left alone.

The headlight feature is straying into dealer terriotory now. The full programming details are complex and I'm not prepared to list them all here. The Installation Manuals are a confidential document, particularly for a Thatcham Cat 1, and only issued to our authorised dealers.
However, if you tell me when you want the headlights to illuminate (A. on "Arming Only" or B. on "Arming and Disarming") and for how long for (1-60 seconds) I don't mind listing the specific programming sequence.

You must also remember that this will only then generate a low current negative output of the required duration and at the necessary time on Acc Wire 6- which should then be used to switch a relay. The relay will need to be wired to your vehicles headlight circuit appropriately - I don't know the extent of your electrical knowledge, or again, whether this would be best left to a dealer.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 15 June 2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 15 June 2006, 06:08 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

ok, forget the siren, i will just remount it, i was never happy with the position, and i have plenty of wire!
Yea i purely want the lights to be on for about 25 seconds. Which gives me enough time to get to my door and find the keys! I would want it to do it on Arm and Disarm. I have found the wire that is necessary to switch the lights on and off and can put a relay in with no problem. If at any stage I wish to remove the arm and disarm light feature is that possible?
Old 15 June 2006, 06:57 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

ok, forget the siren, i will just remount it, i was never happy with the position, and i have plenty of wire!
Yea i purely want the lights to be on for about 25 seconds. Which gives me enough time to get to my door and find the keys! I would want it to do it on Arm and Disarm. I have found the wire that is necessary to switch the lights on and off and can put a relay in with no problem. If at any stage I wish to remove the arm and disarm light feature is that possible?
Ok, for your S30 system; arm and then disarm the system and start to enter the following sequence within 30 seconds of disarming:

*17856*014*1#*120*25##

NB for anyone else reading this post these features and programming sequence are for the Sigma S30 NOT the M30 fitted to 99-07 MY Subaru models.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The digits should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.

You can vary the illumination time by changing the 25 in the sequence above between 1 and 60 as necessary.
If you wish to remove the feature at anytime just disconnect the Acc Wire 6 from the relay.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 15 June 2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 15 June 2006, 09:09 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

Smart, cant thank u enough for ur help!
Old 03 July 2006, 12:26 PM
jaypee
Scooby Newbie

Hey got the Toad LCA2000 Pager, it says

Red wire to +
Yellow to shock sensor (- negative out off that lead u sent)
Black wire to ground
Blue wire to either 'start kill wire' or ACC wire (blue wire from transmitter must no be left unconnected, otherwise the trigger by any wires cannot transmit correct signal codes) <<< any idea on where i connect this? ACC is ignition? whats start kill wire????
Grey to + door pins or siren output << same with this, do i take the siren output off the acc plug ?
White to - door pins

Any help much appreciated
Old 03 July 2006, 03:04 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Hey got the Toad LCA2000 Pager, it says

Red wire to +
Yellow to shock sensor (- negative out off that lead u sent)
Black wire to ground
Blue wire to either 'start kill wire' or ACC wire (blue wire from transmitter must no be left unconnected, otherwise the trigger by any wires cannot transmit correct signal codes) <<< any idea on where i connect this? ACC is ignition? whats start kill wire????
Grey to + door pins or siren output << same with this, do i take the siren output off the acc plug ?
White to - door pins

Any help much appreciated

You have PM.
Old 25 April 2008, 04:32 PM
andyzx6r
Scooby Regular

sigma sam you have a email comming your way,
Old 26 April 2008, 12:48 PM
Jesus H
Scooby Regular

2 year old post

brought back from the dead

???
Old 11 May 2009, 09:05 PM
ScoobyCoops
Scooby Regular

Default S30 book

Sigma Sam,
Do you have/can you get instructions for an S30 system.
I've fiddled with my keypad (oo err missus) and didn't know what it was.
Might not be working now!
Coops
Old 13 May 2009, 06:25 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScoobyCoops
Sigma Sam,
Do you have/can you get instructions for an S30 system.
I've fiddled with my keypad (oo err missus) and didn't know what it was.
Might not be working now!
Coops
Send me your e-mail addy to sales@mobilecaralarms.com
and i will send you a copy of user manual

Regards Ian

Last edited by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER; 13 May 2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: typing error
Old 12 December 2009, 06:43 PM
Shogun3000V6
Scooby Newbie

Default Sigma S34

Hi i have just bought a s34 alarm to fit to my wifes shogun does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for it?

Thanks Paul
Old 28 January 2010, 12:19 AM
adamdye9
Scooby Newbie

hi
i have just purchased the sigma s32 on ebay an have not got no installation guide can anyone please email me a copy to adamdye9@yahoo.co.uk would be ever so grateful as i want to get the alarm in asap

thanks
adam
Old 02 March 2011, 02:10 PM
drugisvijet
Scooby Newbie

Red face need help

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Ok, for your S30 system; arm and then disarm the system and start to enter the following sequence within 30 seconds of disarming:

*17856*014*1#*120*25##

NB for anyone else reading this post these features and programming sequence are for the Sigma S30 NOT the M30 fitted to 99-07 MY Subaru models.

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The digits should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.

You can vary the illumination time by changing the 25 in the sequence above between 1 and 60 as necessary.
If you wish to remove the feature at anytime just disconnect the Acc Wire 6 from the relay.

SS
Could you pls send me keypad codes for S34 Sigma alarm for elluminating, auto arm, auto rearm, and so on. Or even better installation manual with these codes.

my mail is: drugisvijet@yahoo.com

thanks in advance
Old 02 March 2011, 02:27 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sigma Sam has not been online for a good few years. He can be contacted on SIDC.co.uk I believe.
Old 04 March 2011, 08:03 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
Sigma Sam has not been online for a good few years. He can be contacted on SIDC.co.uk I believe.
Sigma Sam is like the Stig
who is he ?
he is a font of Sigma knowledge
so what do we do

Ban him