Notices

alarm fiiter training

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 10:27 PM
carpetman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm fiiter training

Does anyone know if there's a course in fitting vehcile security(alarms) as i've left a SAAB main dealership to try and get in to this career, the only one i can find is clifford who say you got to go to the USA where there main training centre is,so any ideas welcome.
Old 20 March 2006, 10:36 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

I've seen a clifford install in a vectra (I was fitting the stereo). The workmanship was shocking to say the least! surprised it worked.

Must be a UK fitter that will take you on as an apprentice?

dipster
Old 20 March 2006, 10:42 PM
carpetman
Scooby Regular

I've never liked anything by clifford think there crap,if i learnt the trade i will proberly use cobra/autowatch i've just sent cobra an email so fingers crossed.
Old 20 March 2006, 11:42 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

You will only get on a manafactures' training course by working for one of their dealers, even so this will only teach you a certain amount about their alarms, it cannot even begin to teach you how to fit a particular alarm to a particular car, you would never leave the place if they did that. Clifford are not crap but they are very dependant on the quality of the fit whereas cobra etc are not so. Directeds training centre in the US ( The Snakepit as they call it) is a very good place to go but its unlikely many UK installers will go there. I assume if you were working for a main dealer you were on resonable money unless you were an apprentice, cos to get in this trade you will have to take a cut in pay untill you are good enough to be worth paying good money, and very few shops will want to take on someone with no experience. Find out about a course MECP (mobile electronics certification programme) its the only course worth doing, but again it cannot teach you how to work on each car this will come with years of learning on the job.