Notices

Alarm problems

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 09:38 PM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm problems

Picked up my new scooby at the weekend (thanks mattymoo!!). Very pleased with it, one minor problem with the alarm system. The keyfob has the name 'HiSec' on it, however I think it's a Serpi Star alarm (who I believe were bought out by meta).

The alarm seems to work ok - it can be turned off using the immobiliser blip inside the car, and arms itself ok when you lock the car, however the keyfob doesn't seem to be working. It's LED flashes when you press the buttons but there is no reaction at all from the car.

Can't seem to find anyone round here that will look at this make of alarm, so has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be or how it can be fixed? I haven't tried a new battery in the fob yet, but I'm told that's already been tried and the fact that the LED flashes suggests it's at least putting out some charge...

Cheers
Old 20 March 2006, 09:58 PM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

Just checked battery and it has full charge, so it's definately not that Any help or contact details of a company that might be able to would be much appreciated!!
Old 20 March 2006, 10:16 PM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

Ok probably should have done this before posting, but I opened up the fob, gave the contacts a clean etc and it seems to be working fine now

Still after a bit of technical support though if anyone can help - the fob is identical to the one pictured:

The red button locks and unlocks the car - great! The white one makes the indicators flash but doesn't seem to do anything else - anyone know what the function of this button is please?
Old 20 March 2006, 11:47 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

The alarm is indeed Serpi Star who are no longer trading afaik. If the white button does nothing except make the indicators flash then it probably means the siren is turned off with a key switch on the siren itself or its knackered, as this will activate the panic mode.
Old 21 March 2006, 07:56 AM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

hmm maybe, the indicators only flash 3 times though so it doesn't appear the alarm is actually going off, more like it should be switching something on / off. I would have thought to instigate panic mode you'd need to hold down a button for a couple of seconds or something...

Wish I had an instruction manual lol
Old 22 March 2006, 07:55 PM
Scoob+Bike=Fun
Scooby Regular

it should turn the ultrasonics off if pressed within 3-10 secs of arming, and then should work for panic mode after 2 mins. try and set it off just so you know it's working properly.