Notices

alarm problems

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2005, 11:43 PM
cafeman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm problems

hi my first time posting ive had a problem with my alarm had to use keypad to allow me to start the car but now key fob wont work red light coming onin the fob .i have to keep using keypad to allow me to start the car .do i have to do anything after using keypad to put things back to normal
Old 20 December 2005, 10:21 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

No, using the keypad is just the same as using the spare Radio Key, so no need to do anything out of the ordinary.
Does your spare Radio Key still work?
Have you tried some new batteries in the Radio Key?
The red LED on the separate Radio Key takes very little voltage to illuminate and will continue to do so long afer the radio transmission is effected by low battery voltage.
When changing the batteries, there is no need to reprogram the Radio Keys to the system.
If the Radio Key still does not operate the system, but the spare does then it might well be the Radio Key itself.
Let me know how you get on with the above.

SS
Old 20 December 2005, 11:35 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

How do you find out what the number is for the key pad? I had a situation recently where I had to get the AA out as I'd parked next to a mobile mast and the key fob wouldn't work! Got towed half a mile down the road and it was fine.
Old 20 December 2005, 12:05 PM
rjlinney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
How do you find out what the number is for the key pad?
If you go along to a Subaru Dealer with proof of ownership they can re-program your alarm with a new code. (Although the code number should have been supplied with the car)
Old 20 December 2005, 01:29 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by Paul3446
How do you find out what the number is for the key pad? I had a situation recently where I had to get the AA out as I'd parked next to a mobile mast and the key fob wouldn't work! Got towed half a mile down the road and it was fine.
Sounds like a case of Radio Lock out - see my other posts for more info on this. With regard the PIN code.....

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

Instructions on doing this can also be found in the security systems Operating Instructions. If you do not have these, a link to a copy can be found in the post at::
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subarutalk/viewtopic.php?t=2476

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.

- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

Hope this helps.
SS
Old 20 December 2005, 03:55 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I will give this a try and see if it works.
Old 20 December 2005, 10:07 PM
cafeman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
No, using the keypad is just the same as using the spare Radio Key, so no need to do anything out of the ordinary.
Does your spare Radio Key still work?
Have you tried some new batteries in the Radio Key?
The red LED on the separate Radio Key takes very little voltage to illuminate and will continue to do so long afer the radio transmission is effected by low battery voltage.
When changing the batteries, there is no need to reprogram the Radio Keys to the system.
If the Radio Key still does not operate the system, but the spare does then it might well be the Radio Key itself.
Let me know how you get on with the above.

SS
thanks for the reply i assumed the fob would be okay because red light came .dont know how long my wife kept trying so ill get new batteries tomorrow and let you know thanks
Old 20 December 2005, 10:11 PM
cafeman
Scooby Newbie

another little problem i hope you can help. the bonnet wont open usin the lever how can i get it open again dont know if my wife pulled it or not when trying to fill up water bottle she says she done nothing didnt even know it was there
Old 26 January 2006, 12:10 AM
island991
Scooby Regular

Default total newbie!!

hi ive been a impreza owner for...well.....about 12hours!! happy as ive ever been!! anyway ive got a turbo 2000 wagon '00 and wondered if this PIN reset will work on all (ie mine) subaru fitted alarms? (the one using a radio key, then punching in codes)

The previous owner didnt think to tell the dealership and they didnt notice the car had an alarm!! (ha ha probably would have cost me more if they had!!) Id like to be able to do it myself rather than going straight back to dealers!

any help?

thanks
Old 26 January 2006, 07:52 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Yes the sequence posted above can be used to change the PIN on all UK supplied vehicles from 99-06MY with the standard fit alarm system.
The sequence is standard for the Sigma M30 Cat 1 system, so will also work on other vehicles fitted with such a system.

SS
Old 26 January 2006, 08:01 AM
island991
Scooby Regular

brilliant. thanks.

Is the keypad im looking for the one in the glove box?? the dealer i went to (who thought there was no alarm fitted) said it wasnt but it is only keypad i can find!

any offers if it is or not? and where else i can look if it isnt!!!

thanks alot.

happy first time scooby owner!!
Old 26 January 2006, 08:30 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Yes, the keypad is fixed in the glovebox on 99-00MY Imprezas. Later 01MY vehicles have the keypad mounted in the compartment above the driver's RH knee.

SS
Old 26 January 2006, 09:18 AM
island991
Scooby Regular

dealer has just supplied me with code that works (and a second fob) so i dont need to worry!
Can now just enjoy!