Notices

Tracker Fitter - A recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2005, 07:32 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker Fitter - A recommendation

I had a Tracker Monitor fitted this week to keep the insurance company happy and got such great service I though i'd recommend the firm to you lot on here.

www.uktracking.com

The system was £359 fitted, they came to the house and were done and dusted in under an hour. Subs is £100 a year thereafter.
Old 10 November 2005, 06:20 PM
jbrayley
Scooby Regular

If it only took them an hour, how do you know the unit is hidden well enough? If I was to have a tracker installed I would want it to be as well hidden as possible and that would require dismantling of dash etc = more time.
Old 10 November 2005, 08:01 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

They do 1-2 Imprezas a day, my car was in bits about 10 minutes after he turned up!
I'm not saying where the tracker went but needless to say there are more places to put it than just inside the dash.
Old 10 November 2005, 08:46 PM
jbrayley
Scooby Regular

The point I am making is if it took them 10 mins to find a place to put the unit then thats how long it could take a thief to find. On my m3 I had it mounted behind the back seat - and because it was a convertable it took 30 mins to get the back seats out. Thats a good amount of time. Another good place is on the bulk head - which requires the removal of half the dash - including the clocks & steering wheel - not a 10 min job trust me
Old 11 November 2005, 06:07 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Ah well, I was pleased with it anyway
Old 12 November 2005, 12:40 AM
jbrayley
Scooby Regular

Please dont take me wrong, wasnt trying to say you didnt get a good service. Just more of a rant at how the security scene currently is. I think people should ask more questions of the install, as there are some right cowboys out there - some operating from big names. A lot of peopel are happy simply becuase their alarm doesnt false alarm etc, rather than how secure the installation really is. And with some tracker companies they just fit the unit in plain sight under the dash
Old 12 November 2005, 01:56 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Cool

No probs , i'd rather have someone voice their opinions than keep quiet
I'm fairly happy mine would take a while to get to if they knew where it was but to be honest it's only on there 'cause the insurance wanted it fitted.
The tracker that was already on it was a top notch one but it needed manually de-activating each time you start the car and they wanted £100 to come and see why there was no signal out of it plus £260 for a years subs and re-activation
Old 13 November 2005, 05:15 PM
jbrayley
Scooby Regular

Nightmare, yeah I know the feeling. would rather someone wasnt able to take it in the first place. Ho hum, the joys of owning a nice car..............