Notices

sigma m30

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2005, 01:15 PM
alanh
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face sigma m30

hi can anyone tell me how I can change the cars battery without the siren going, and also how do I key in the valet and holiday mode regards alan
Old 04 November 2005, 03:41 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by alanh
hi can anyone tell me how I can change the cars battery without the siren going, and also how do I key in the valet and holiday mode regards alan
As long as the alarm system is not armed, then the vehicle's battery can be disconnected without the siren sounding. However, should the siren start to sound with a battery terminal removed, simply touch the terminal back on to the battery til the siren stops and then remove the terminal cleanly - again this only works if the alarm system is disarmed. I read in your other post that your LED is not working - are you sure the system is disarmed?

With regards entering valet mode:
With the system disarmed and the ignition on, press 3 on the keypad and then turn the ignition off within 5 seconds. In this mode the LED will flash at a very slow rate (although not in your case!) and the immobiliser will not passively arm - in effect the alarm/immobiliser are asleep. When the Radio Key is next pressed, the system will awaken and the passive immobiliser and alarm will function as normal.

By holiday mode I presume you mean Super Lock.
Do not try to put the system into Super Lock until you are sure that you have the alarm system's current PIN number - once in Super Lock the Radio Keys will no longer work and the PIN is the only method to disarm the system!!
Arm and disarm the system using your current PIN to ensure you have the correct code.
To enter Super Lock:
With the system disarmed and the ignition on, press 9 on the keypad and then turn the ignition off within 5 seconds.
The system can be armed once using the Radio Key and then will enter Super Lock. In this mode the alarm system is armed as normal, however the radio receiver shuts down to reduce current draw and offer a form of key theft protection. When returning to the car, you will have to unlock the door using the manual key, enter the vehicle (the alarm will sound) and enter the systems PIN code to disarm the system. Once disarmed in this manner the system will switch from the Radio Keys in the normal manner until Super Lock is entered again.

These and other features available through the keypad are detailed in the systems Operating Instructions. A copy of these is available through the post at the following link:

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...pic.php?t=2476

SS
Old 05 November 2005, 12:37 PM
alanh
Scooby Newbie

Many thanks Sigma Sam which is the correct way to disarm the system rgards alan