Notices

New Fobs

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2005, 10:28 PM
Coinneach
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Fobs

I thought the security forum had died the death, I was about ot post on the general forum. Where can you get cheap fobs for a 99 sigma alarm. It would be great if I could get just the shell as the electronics still work (on both) but the plastics have fallen apart. They have been re-drilled and sanded off a couple of years back but even that has now failed; the battery cover has even fallen apart on one and is held together with gaffer tape. Why don't they make them out of military grade alloy; it would last.
Old 24 September 2005, 08:22 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coinneach
I thought the security forum had died the death, I was about ot post on the general forum. Where can you get cheap fobs for a 99 sigma alarm. It would be great if I could get just the shell as the electronics still work (on both) but the plastics have fallen apart. They have been re-drilled and sanded off a couple of years back but even that has now failed; the battery cover has even fallen apart on one and is held together with gaffer tape. Why don't they make them out of military grade alloy; it would last.
They would last all right, but most people would have an issue with the increased cost of a replacement as I'm sure even military grade alloy would get lost!
The secret to making the Radio Keys last is to ensure that you use the small keyring supplied with the Radio Keys to fasten them to your existing key-ring. The plastic loop only usually breaks off when the Radio Key is fastened directly onto a larger key-ring.
Replacement Radio Keys (the separate type used up to 01MY)are available from Subaru, part number SACC 3461, for about £40 and can be programmed to a system yourself if you have the systems PIN code or a working Radio Key, so don't pay too much for programming - it should only take 2 minutes.
This isn't too bad compared to most other manufacturers - £80 Renault and £100 Land Rover to name just two.
A local Sigma dealer can also provide an AC38 which will also work the system but without the Subaru decal.
SS