Notices

Alarm Siren on MY00

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2005, 07:11 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Alarm Siren on MY00 (standard alarm)

Hi all,
Can anyone help me out?
I have a MY00 Impreza Turbo. Tonight when i got home from work i got out the car and pressed the keyfob to lock her up. No beeps from the siren to say the car was locked but the indicators flashed and the car locked up. I popped the bonnet and somehow the siren had fallen out of its housing. fell onto the manifold and melted the connection. Tryed to fix it, but no joy.
Basically, i just want to know if this will affect my car alarm? Apart from the siren going off if it was broken into. The car still locks up and starts and the immobiliser is still working. Now when i lock the car i get 4 flashes on the indicators as where before i got 2 flashes aswell as 2 beeps.
Plus does anyone know how much these are to replace?

Thanks,
Phil.

Last edited by Phil555; 12 September 2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 13 September 2005, 01:28 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Phil,
Provided that the permanent live and earth wires within the siren cable haven't shorted across, then only problem is that you have lost all audio output.
If the wires have short circuited, then the siren tracks on the printed circuit board within the alarm alarm ECU may be damaged, however the operation of the alarm system will not be effected other than that - the indicators should always have flashed 4 times on arming (just 2 beeps though).
I would keep your fngers crossed and try a siren first. The part number for the siren is SACC 3468 and should be around £40. The bracket is SACC3469 and should be around £15.
SS
Old 13 September 2005, 05:05 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Hi Phil,
Provided that the permanent live and earth wires within the siren cable haven't shorted across, then only problem is that you have lost all audio output.
If the wires have short circuited, then the siren tracks on the printed circuit board within the alarm alarm ECU may be damaged, however the operation of the alarm system will not be effected other than that - the indicators should always have flashed 4 times on arming (just 2 beeps though).
I would keep your fngers crossed and try a siren first. The part number for the siren is SACC 3468 and should be around £40. The bracket is SACC3469 and should be around £15.
SS
Hi Sam, thanks very much. I'll look into it. The circut board seemed fine. Like you say, i've lost all audio output. I did cut the damaged connector from the siren and made contact with the circut board. All i got was the siren beeped once to dis-arm and then stayed on.
Cheers,
Phil.