Notices

sigma s30 help please.

Old 12 September 2005, 04:37 PM
williamb
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool sigma s30 help please.

i have a motorhome fitted with a sigma s30 alarm system my problem is being a large vehicle the ultra sonic detectors do no pick up movement very well can anyone tell me if it is possible to increase the sensitivety on the sensors if so how do i do it,it is fitted with a keypad do i have to enter numbers into this maybe? i am told this alarm can be fitted with a microwave sensor would this help?also i do not seem able to get it to beep when activated the book says to enter number one on keypad but this does not seem to work, any help would be appreciated.
Old 12 September 2005, 06:11 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Yes you can adust the sonics but they may still not cover fully to the back. You could ask your local dealer about fitting either a microwave sensor or an infrasonic.

Sonic adjustment - arm then disarm the alarm, before the LED turns off enter on the keypad the following;
*17856 - program mode, siren will beep
*220 - funtion select
*?? - where ?? is the u/s value between 0 & 99. 99 being higher
# - saves setting, siren will beep
# - exits program mode, siren will beep again

For arm/disarm tones
*17856 then *000 then *1 then #
Old 12 September 2005, 06:20 PM
williamb
Scooby Newbie

thanks for your advice i will give it a try.
Old 12 September 2005, 06:40 PM
williamb
Scooby Newbie

i have tried to activate the arm beep this way but it still does not beep it may be me that is doing it wrong in the book it just says to press number1 but that does not work, i am beginning to think it may be a different code to enter alarm with it being a cat 1, i may have to do without beep i think you may be right about sensors i will make some enquiries about that. thankyou
Old 13 September 2005, 02:15 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by williamb
i have tried to activate the arm beep this way but it still does not beep it may be me that is doing it wrong in the book it just says to press number1 but that does not work, i am beginning to think it may be a different code to enter alarm with it being a cat 1, i may have to do without beep i think you may be right about sensors i will make some enquiries about that. thankyou
Arm/Disarm Tone
The programming sequence/codes are no different for the S30 to the other S-Series models.

Be sure that the function "1" on the keypad that you refer to, is not the single press of the digit with the ignition on - this is used to turn the tones off the following time you arm the system. only once the arm/disarm tone has been selected. This feature may be useful when arriving on a site late at night.

As WannaB4 says, to turn your arm/disarm tones on then you should carry out the following-
Arm/Disarm the system, then type the following into the keypad:
*17856*000*1# (to turn the bleeps back off repeat this, but repace 1 with 0)

Ultrasonic Adjustment
What leeds you to believe that these are not correctly set - did you remain within the vehicle when testing them?
Due to their method of operation, there is a specific way to test the operation of these sensors that is best left to an experienced Sigma dealer.
They will automatically adjust their sensitivity down (to prevent false alarms) if they detect movement within the vehicle during the Threshold Time, following arming the system.
It is quite probable that although your method of testing did not trigger the alarm (because the system was aware of your presence inside the vehicle when initially armed), however, a broken window at the rear of the vehicle when the system was fully armed, under normal conditions, would cause a trigger.

WannaB4's post is correct in telling you the programming procedure to adjust the sonics, however, 99 is infact the least sensitive setting and 1 is the most sensitive.

I would not recommend adjusting and testing the ultrasonic sensors yourself. Discuss this with your dealer and if you are still concerned about coverage then ask about a PIR (Passive Infra-Red) sensor, such as those used in home security systems. These are best suited to this type of environment. The S30 has a "closed loop" detection circuit that can be utilised if your chosen PIR sensor is of the normally closed type.

For others reading this thread the programming details listed here are for the S30 system NOT the Subaru M30 system.

SS

Last edited by Sigma Sam; 13 September 2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 13 September 2005, 03:28 PM
williamb
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up thankyou,

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Arm/Disarm Tone
The programming sequence/codes are no different for the S30 to the other S-Series models.

Be sure that the function "1" on the keypad that you refer to, is not the single press of the digit with the ignition on - this is used to turn the tones off the following time you arm the system. only once the arm/disarm tone has been selected. This feature may be useful when arriving on a site late at night.

As WannaB4 says, to turn your arm/disarm tones on then you should carry out the following-
Arm/Disarm the system, then type the following into the keypad:
*17856*000*1# (to turn the bleeps back off repeat this, but repace 1 with 0)

Ultrasonic Adjustment
What leeds you to believe that these are not correctly set - did you remain within the vehicle when testing them?
Due to their method of operation, there is a specific way to test the operation of these sensors that is best left to an experienced Sigma dealer.
They will automatically adjust their sensitivity down (to prevent false alarms) if they detect movement within the vehicle during the Threshold Time, following arming the system.
It is quite probable that although your method of testing did not trigger the alarm (because the system was aware of your presence inside the vehicle when initially armed), however, a broken window at the rear of the vehicle when the system was fully armed, under normal conditions, would cause a trigger.

WannaB4's post is correct in telling you the programming procedure to adjust the sonics, however, 99 is infact the least sensitive setting and 1 is the most sensitive.

I would not recommend adjusting and testing the ultrasonic sensors yourself. Discuss this with your dealer and if you are still concerned about coverage then ask about a PIR (Passive Infra-Red) sensor, such as those used in home security systems. These are best suited to this type of environment. The S30 has a "closed loop" detection circuit that can be utilised if your chosen PIR sensor is of the normally closed type.

For others reading this thread the programming details listed here are for the S30 system NOT the Subaru M30 system.

SS
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP I WILL HAVE ANOTHER TRY,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Old 13 September 2005, 03:39 PM
williamb
Scooby Newbie

Default ME AGAIN.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP I WILL HAVE ANOTHER TRY,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
WHEN I ENTER THE CODE NUMBER DO I JUST ENTER THE FULL NUMBER ALL AT ONCE OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOME KIND OF RECOGNITION AFTER EACH NUMBER IS ENTERED.
Old 14 September 2005, 09:20 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

WHEN I ENTER THE CODE NUMBER DO I JUST ENTER THE FULL NUMBER ALL AT ONCE OR DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR SOME KIND OF RECOGNITION AFTER EACH NUMBER IS ENTERED.
When using the keypad:
- The numbers should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- If the keypad LED flashes rapidly (as above) and the user ignores this and continues to enter the sequence, the system will presume this is a random PIN attempt.The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts, so after 12 digits the system will "Lock Out" the keypad for three minutes (shown by a rapid alternating red/green flash from the dashboard LED). This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

SS
Old 14 September 2005, 02:03 PM
williamb
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up cracked it*

[thankyou very much all is well,i followed your instructions and managed to do it,keep up the good work, thanks again williamQUOTE=Sigma Sam]When using the keypad:
- The numbers should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- If the keypad LED flashes rapidly (as above) and the user ignores this and continues to enter the sequence, the system will presume this is a random PIN attempt.The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts, so after 12 digits the system will "Lock Out" the keypad for three minutes (shown by a rapid alternating red/green flash from the dashboard LED). This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

SS
[/QUOTE]
Old 14 September 2005, 05:35 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sigma Sam
Arm/Disarm Tone
WannaB4's post is correct in telling you the programming procedure to adjust the sonics, however, 99 is infact the least sensitive setting and 1 is the most sensitive.SS

doh!