Notices

Origin B2 gone quiet

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2005, 09:40 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Origin B2 gone quiet

My Origin B2 flashes the red led's at me whenever I pass a scamera as usual but it no longer bleeps and warbles. This started on Tuesday after the weekly refresh over the web.

I just though a wire had dropped off the speaker or something. But this morning it took longer than normal to find the requisite statellites and started bleeping to tell me that. Once logged on it went quiet again.

I wondered if they'd made a **** up with the software on a recent update? anyone else find this?
Old 01 August 2005, 11:47 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

My6 b2 seems fine, but has, in the last 2-3 weeks, started doing an annoying thing of picking the sats, then dropping them, beeping loudly, then finding them, then dropping them within a second, and goes on and off like this unless I take it out of its holder. Very annoying.

If yours is not beeping, then either the volume is turned down or it's broken. If there is still sound (ie does it beep when trying to find a signal when turned on) then its the volume control. Make sure you are setting the volume at the right time as it does doffierent volume settings depending on what the unti is doing (ie turning it down going past a camera is different to the volume in normal scanninf mode) etc.

But their recent updates do seem to have created problems...

Andy
Old 01 August 2005, 01:31 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine took an absolute age to lock on to the satellites after its last update (2 weeks ago) seems fine now though.

I also had the losing lock/beep then back on again repeatedly, had to remove from its holder and reset, was fine after that.

Have you checked your settings for the volume, I seem to remember that there is a mute function on it somewhere for cameras...although seems odd to be on if you didn't select it, might be worth checking through the menus though.
Old 05 August 2005, 07:15 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the responses. Tried all the vol settings in the menus. no joy. Will speak to Origin and see if they can suggest anything.
Old 13 August 2005, 05:47 PM
RIGPIG
Scooby Regular

Mine has done the same today. Did you manage to contact Origin, If so what was there response/cure..?

Thanks

Criss
Old 14 August 2005, 02:15 AM
Apple
Scooby Regular

I had a problem with mine this last week where it couldn't hold a satellite lock, got down to two signals and then turned off as it timed out after 15 minutes supposedly of no activity

Has been OK last couple of days and back to picking up 7 or 8 locks

Is there any difference in the new version of the b2 or is it just a new logo on the front? I'd really like a better speaker in the system as the distortion is a joke over lowish volume levels Can't remember whether it's possible to link it through stereo for decent-ish sound - anybody know?

PS Chelspeed - for the sound, is there a MUTE setting via the menus that's permanent rather than the one on the front button - have you got this option set if it exists?
Old 14 August 2005, 08:44 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Mine has been in twice over the last month for repairs (replacement?) as it stop functioning altogether. Blank screen, nothing happening. First time I got it back it worked ok for 2 days then had similar problem, not working at all or no sound only flashing lights when passing cameras.

I think they replaced it this time and so far (only a few days) it seems to be OK again.
Old 15 August 2005, 08:10 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

I'm on my thrid unit and second base - but full credit to the chaps at Origin who have replaced it without fuss every time.

One thing I do think seems to work is doing an update. I can have problems with my unit, then update it, and it picks up sats very quickly the next time (or something like that). Basically, I'm trying to say that it seems as is every update makes a difference - you just don;t know if it's a good difference or a bad one!
Old 15 August 2005, 12:59 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Went thro all the volume and mute menu options with Origin over email with their helpdesk, all settings were OK.

Origin then said post it back and they'd look at it. They've had it a couple of days so far. I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Still very happy, worked fine for nearly 2 years then good response from them to a minor failure. Will wait until it comes back, with or without a bill, and see if it's fixed before making a final judgement!

Last edited by Chelspeed; 15 August 2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 26 August 2005, 11:49 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Took two weeks but it came back yesterday all working fine again and no charge! For something coming up to 2 years old and well out of normal warranty I'm well pleased.