Notices

Problem with a Clifford Concept 650

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2005, 11:33 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with a Clifford Concept 650

I had a Clifford 650 fitted to my MR2 about 6 months ago. I also opted for anti tilt/lift and 2 stage proximity sensor.

Anyway I have had nothing but trouble with the alarm since day one. It's got so bad I don't even switch it on !

Ok when I do switch it on, it beeps away to warn you to back off. It beeps all day outside my work when there is no one near it. I have turned the sensitivity right down but this has not made a difference.

Sometimes when I activate the alarm I get a few beeps telling me that one of the sensors has not been activated. Like I have left the door open. Everything is closed correctly so it should do that.

The worst one is it just sets its self off sometimes. I have been parking it at the end of the road and the guy who lives beside it complained to me that it kept going off in the night and waking him up. It has done it a few times in my drive and sometimes when I park it in the town I come back to the alarm being tripped.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong ? I could just phone the company up to get them to have a look and every day I mean too, but end up getting caught up with something in work and forget till its too late.

Hopefully someone on here can through some ideas to me

cheers
Old 28 August 2005, 07:24 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Sounds like the prox is the problem. The warning chirps you get when arming is probably the prox being activated whilst the initial sensor/trigger input check is being done. The prox sensors can, if turned up too high, trigger themselves. Where did you adjust the sensor? there are two pots on the 508D sensors which allow adjustment of the inner or outer zones The one to the outer edge of the sensor is for the inner and the other for the outer, although this one does also affect the inner zone so both will need adjustment even if you only want to change the outer zone. Try unplugging the prox sensor and see if it cures an problems. Also the tilt & motion sensors can be afftected by heat, so if it is mounted somewhere like above the exhaust then that could cause you problems.
Old 28 August 2005, 08:56 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wannaB4
Sounds like the prox is the problem. The warning chirps you get when arming is probably the prox being activated whilst the initial sensor/trigger input check is being done. The prox sensors can, if turned up too high, trigger themselves. Where did you adjust the sensor? there are two pots on the 508D sensors which allow adjustment of the inner or outer zones The one to the outer edge of the sensor is for the inner and the other for the outer, although this one does also affect the inner zone so both will need adjustment even if you only want to change the outer zone. Try unplugging the prox sensor and see if it cures an problems. Also the tilt & motion sensors can be afftected by heat, so if it is mounted somewhere like above the exhaust then that could cause you problems.
thanks for the reply

The guy who installed the alarm gave me the settings to change the prox sensor by using the clifford alarm fob. I adjusted this right down to the minimum using this.

I would unplug the prox sensor but don't know where it is !

not sure where the tilt sensor was fitted either, so not sure if its close to the exhaust. the car is an MR2 so there is no exhaust running right along the bottom of the car.

cheers
Old 29 August 2005, 11:03 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by VAL113R
thanks for the reply

The guy who installed the alarm gave me the settings to change the prox sensor by using the clifford alarm fob. I adjusted this right down to the minimum using this.

I would unplug the prox sensor but don't know where it is !

not sure where the tilt sensor was fitted either, so not sure if its close to the exhaust. the car is an MR2 so there is no exhaust running right along the bottom of the car.

cheers
Have you tried turning the prox off, rather than just down?

Prox would probably be fitted along the centre console somewhere.

Chances are the tilt sensor will be fairly close to it.

Didnt think about engine location, doh!