Notices

SIGMA 30 KEYPAD

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2005, 11:26 PM
nebushi13
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SIGMA 30 KEYPAD

any ideas please ! key pad does not work in glove box on my00 impreza the alarm does not sound , the indicators were flashing on setting and unsetting the alarm but that too has now stopped , the dorrs lock ok and the immobiliser works but just worried now as if i cannot 4 sum reason use the key fob there is absolutely no way i will be able to start the car

thanx
Old 27 February 2005, 02:04 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

broken wires between key pad and alarm box or alarm needs some sort of service.
I had broken wires probably due to mechanics tugging at things over the years.
Old 04 March 2005, 12:26 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keypad - When you press a button on the keypad does the bulit-in LED illuminate?

- If not, then the keypad has lost it's power supply or earth. This could be a trapped or broken wire, or simply that the keypad connector has become unplugged at the alarm ECU.

- If the LED in the keypad does illuminate when a button is pressed, it may be that you are experiencing difficulties entering the digits.

Siren - The systems are supplied with the arm/disarm indication tones turned off, so I am assuming that you mean the siren is no longer sounding when triggered. If this is the case, have you disconnected or run the vehicle's battery flat recently? If this is a possibility disconnect the siren plug from the alarm ECU (the white 4 pole connector), short across pins 1 and 3 (marked on the white plug) to the siren with a small length of wire and then re-connect the siren plug - this will re-synch the siren and ECU.

Indicators - The supply for these is fused separately. Ensure the 15amp blade fuse within the alarm loom has not blown on earlier models.

If you can let me know the age/model I can be more specific.

SS

Originally Posted by nebushi13
any ideas please ! key pad does not work in glove box on my00 impreza the alarm does not sound , the indicators were flashing on setting and unsetting the alarm but that too has now stopped , the dorrs lock ok and the immobiliser works but just worried now as if i cannot 4 sum reason use the key fob there is absolutely no way i will be able to start the car

thanx