Notices

Faulty Laserline

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2005, 08:38 PM
full_bore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Faulty Laserline

Bought my scoob with a remote CAT1 on it and it was perfect for about 12 months but then it started not locking/unlocking sometimes so I suspected the battery was flat. It eventually stopped working altogether so went to Halfords about a fortnight ago and changed the battery. It started half working for a bit i.e. it would only work from certain angles and I would have to press it about 30 times before it worked. It has now stopped altogether again and I have to arm/disarm it manually. Any ideas what the problem might be ??
Old 05 February 2005, 11:47 AM
explore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by full_bore
Bought my scoob with a remote CAT1 on it and it was perfect for about 12 months but then it started not locking/unlocking sometimes so I suspected the battery was flat. It eventually stopped working altogether so went to Halfords about a fortnight ago and changed the battery. It started half working for a bit i.e. it would only work from certain angles and I would have to press it about 30 times before it worked. It has now stopped altogether again and I have to arm/disarm it manually. Any ideas what the problem might be ??
yes do you live near a police station or fire or ambalence stations? if so like my self you will have problems due to the arial masts for there communications these interfeer with car alarms not to bad with the new scooby with the sigma but you have to get close sometimes, not clifford alarms must be the worst for this i, my brother and people i know over 3 miles away from the arials had prob's some cases had to have alarm set up again, its a very commen prob where i live. the stock rover alarm is just as bad. theres not much you can do about it apart from fitting a new one. and you can hardly as the police to chop down there arial masts can you. or maybe arm yourself with a gridder with a diamond disc and do it for um lol.
Old 05 February 2005, 03:55 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Have this problem too when parked near electricity pillons and mobile phone masts. When I got stuck the first time called the AA out, but ended up pushing the car down the road away from the masts. Phoned Sparshatts and they said it was a common fault with the older scoobs, though mine is an MY01, they were prepared to fit an upgraded alarm for free , I just paid for fitting it which would of been about £70. Maybe, depending on the age of yours, might be worth giving them a ring?
Old 09 March 2005, 07:13 PM
NICKG
Scooby Newbie

get a new alarm mate less probs.