Sponsored by:

Faulty ECU - MY01 PPP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2001, 10:26 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well folks - an update on the Check Engine Light coming on one week after my MY01 got its PPP...... afraid it was the ECU after all.

Typical dealer. They've swaped the "faulty" ECU with another PPP's ECU (so whoever you are - sorry mate - don't believe its because Prodrive have run out of chips or anything like that they tell you - they've given me your kit (SOZ!!!!)) .

They say "it must have been the ECU because it works fine now after we replaced it.....". Shirlock Holmes has nothing on these guys... spent 3 days to find that out!

Lets just hope i had the only faulty one.

Just as a note - nothing went bang or anything nasty. Just got the light on after a trip to work, and then it wouldnt start first time on the morning i took it to the garage. I had been out for a good run (pushing the car hard) the friday before and not driven it since then.

The only other thing on a happier note.... got 23mpg out of my first tankfull - including a good thrash and a "Pop"

See you friday Trouser for some Eibachs!!

Jza
Old 01 October 2001, 05:52 PM
Kev S
Scooby Regular

Question

Jza,

Would be interested to see your views on the Eibachs. I guess you're having the Geometery done at the same time so would be interested in what settings you go for. Can you post one of your quality reports mate?

Kev S
Old 01 October 2001, 09:20 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Kev S:
<B>Jza,

Would be interested to see your views on the Eibachs. I guess you're having the Geometery done at the same time so would be interested in what settings you go for. Can you post one of your quality reports mate?

Kev S[/quote]

Sure Kev - no probs

Jza