Notices

sigma M30 wiriing diagram

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 03:39 PM
paul_davies
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sigma M30 wiriing diagram

does anyone have any further information on the M30? I'm tyring to fix a mates total closure on his golf which has an M30, the same as the scoob so I thought I'd see if anyone could help?

cheers

Paul.
Old 10 December 2004, 11:21 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

The wiring diagram for the M30 alarm systems should only be released to authorised deaers, as it is a confidential document
Even with a wiring diagram, once the wiring loom has been installed in to a vehicle, the security sensitive wires' identification tags will have been removed, leaving indistinguishable black wires.

A total closue output from the M30 was only used on the sixteen UK 22B models and required the use of an addition interface unit, as the vehicle did not have an existng total closure circuit.

When fitted as a universal product, there are two ways that the M30 can activate the vehicles existing total closure circuit - by extending the lock pulse or a separate output. The method to use would depend on the year of the Golf and things can get complicated unless your electrically competant as you can end up with the windows dropping slightly when you disarm! An addition unit would also be required if the electric windows are aftermarket or the vehicle is of an age that does not have a total closure circuit
Re-programming of the outputs may also be neccessary using a programmer or the keypad, but such programming changes should not be undertaken unless you a familiar with the procedure.

If the total closure was working, but is is no longer, then I would expect that the M30's output has been damaged. This could possibly be due to excessive current draw (max 300mA) on the output wire if the additional unit has not been used and effectively the output is being used to drive the windows directly.

With all the above points in mind, as always, I would recommend that the vehicle should be taken to an authorised Sigma dealer who will be familiar with the system etc.

SS

Originally Posted by paul_davies
does anyone have any further information on the M30? I'm tyring to fix a mates total closure on his golf which has an M30, the same as the scoob so I thought I'd see if anyone could help?

cheers

Paul.
Old 10 December 2004, 11:48 AM
stevehulluk1
Scooby Regular

sam yhpm
Old 10 December 2004, 06:18 PM
steve jackson
Scooby Regular

Sam Yhpm