Notices

Tracker Owners Read!

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2004, 09:44 PM
nudesign
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker Owners Read!

Did you know that there are only 6 places they are placed in cars, how silly is that! so obvious where theyre gonna be put. need a 12v feed someway or another, so cant be in with mucky oil!

will prob find that the cowboys who fit them put them in your ash tray or something.

Metal shipment container will diffuse signal, room in one of them to strip the car down to search for it.
Old 31 August 2004, 12:10 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

This is not the right place to post stuff like this. There is not only six places that you can fit them, if that was the case then why are so many cars recovered when fitted with Tracker units. Also how can you possibly manage to get a tracker unit in a Ashtray!!!

We are the Midlands leading Tracker Centre and we have Certificates to certify that stolen vehicles have been recovered after having Tracker units fitted at our centre. No Cowboy will even get a Tracker Dealer account.
Old 31 August 2004, 04:25 PM
nudesign
Scooby Newbie

lol, service is ****, silly amounts a year to keep up subscription, much rather spend the money on a years supply of macdonalds food.
Old 31 August 2004, 10:52 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

another idiot trying to instigate an argument thread, doesn't have a clue what they are on about and showing their i.q is about as high as the no. of pickles in the big mac they are probably munching in their nova, must be a chav i think (note to self must remember not to rise to such an idiotic post)
Old 01 September 2004, 09:51 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Containers will now not stop the signal either, all ports have tracker reciever units now to pick up any possible signals from lorries. Even refrigerated lorries cant stop the signal as they where able to on the older Tracker units.

You cant kill them with power surges either as they have built in voltage security.

Now anything that uses GPS i wouldnt touch.But as tracker doesnt, imho its the better choice.
Old 01 September 2004, 08:18 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)

My tracker worked perfectly...

Car returned

One scumbag locked up for 5 years
Old 01 September 2004, 10:32 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

do we need to get them checked / serviced i ve had mine nearly 2 years
Old 02 September 2004, 02:03 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by nudesign
lol, service is ****, silly amounts a year to keep up subscription, much rather spend the money on a years supply of macdonalds food.

Probably drives a Nova, wearing a burberry cap, in which case save ur money & go stuff u fat face with a maccy de, cos a tracker aint worth it in a Nova, u muppet

Old 05 September 2004, 12:08 PM
The TunnelMeister
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by WRX_Rich
do we need to get them checked / serviced i ve had mine nearly 2 years

Do you even know its working?

Please learn from my recent bad experience, contact your service provider and get a location check done, now.

Garages, containers etc CAN block the signal, though they seem ok on multistorey carparks. Certain units CAN be removed without activating them. Cheap devices ARE available to locate whereabouts your unit is in your car.

I have learnt that PHYSICAL protection is STILL a better deterent than electronic ones.

Alas, to late in my case.

Steve.

PS. if you have a copy of your contract, READ IT.
Old 05 September 2004, 12:40 PM
ande
Scooby Regular

Location: Crowbuck Scoobies, Near the rolling sea, where the weather is calm and still! Come on Sing along!

The only Tracker you can get a location check for is the horizon. This is GPS based. All the other trackers use a different signal for locating them. I have been fitting them for over 7 years without any problems. I believe if you read your contract it is recommended that you have it checked every two years. Contact Tracker directly and they will point you in the right direction.

Oh and I would love to know where you can get these devices, that everyone and their dog has told me you can get to locate the position of the tracker. I suppose the fact that it has an aerial that is long enough to run down the entire length of a car and eradiates from the tip right down to the tracker itself, would make locating it with these 'A-Team Style' devices rather difficult.

I would agree with the physical protection though, if it looks like a challenge, the average pikey would walk past and try the corsa/saxo/pug 106/polo instead.

Ande.

Originally Posted by The TunnelMeister
Do you even know its working?

Please learn from my recent bad experience, contact your service provider and get a location check done, now.

Garages, containers etc CAN block the signal, though they seem ok on multistorey carparks. Certain units CAN be removed without activating them. Cheap devices ARE available to locate whereabouts your unit is in your car.

I have learnt that PHYSICAL protection is STILL a better deterent than electronic ones.

Alas, to late in my case.

Steve.

PS. if you have a copy of your contract, READ IT.
Old 05 September 2004, 05:17 PM
The TunnelMeister
Scooby Regular

Ande,

I have had extensive discussions with the company who provide the Vehicle Tracking Equipment and Service I used. This included the installation, system limitations and the various methods of locating and disabling the unit before moving the vehicle. I am not really concerned with how 'A-Team' the methods are, it will have little or no bearing on the insurance loss I am faced with.

My reply was intended as a positive suggestion that a check being done, by location or otherwise, is worth the time it takes. As you are no doubt aware, there are units that are only activated by breach of security or certain kinds of electrical malfunction. If they simply stop functioning correctly the Service provider has no means of detecting the failure.

I have read the Contract many times over now, there are no recommendations regarding Service or periodic testing of the unit, only endless terms under which any form of warranty or liability can be avoided on their part.

This will be my last post on the subject, sorry if I have dented any professional pride along the way.

regards,

Steve.
Old 06 September 2004, 07:06 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I once contact tracker to check my Monitor, but they wanted 70 quid to send out an engineer. After some discussion they satisfied me my that system was OK so left it as that.

Not sure if I would have another as I too think that prevention is better than cure.