Notices

Tracker Monitor.... Working??

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2004, 08:54 PM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker Monitor.... Working??

Today I had my car trailered, and thought to myself when it was being loaded if I would get a call from tracker....

When I got home (about 3 miles distance) I did not recieve a call from them..... I phoned them and they said indeed they didnt get a signal from the unit.. They said some manager bloke would phone me on Monday to arrainge an engineer to check it. To say I am unhappy about the unit is an understatement, I am please that they are getting it checked, but what would have happened if the car had been stolen? My insurance may have been void? Who would have paid for my loss???????/

Anyone else had a similar experience with tracker? If so what did you do? Did you insist they fit a new unit or get a free upgrade?

Cheers
Old 06 August 2004, 10:35 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

There was a thread on here a couple of weeks ago in General about this. A few people were having problems.

I checked mine on the advice in the thread and thankfully it was working.

You may be best to do a search, i think it was at the end of July.

Hope that helps.

Chris
Old 08 August 2004, 12:06 PM
Monkeh
Scooby Regular

I had a problem with mine when it fell off !!!! the idiot installer from TOAD only used 1 screw to hold it in place and didnt even bother trying to hide it or the wires

It has now been re-installed by tracker themselves, who did a excellent job and they tested it worked
Old 08 August 2004, 02:30 PM
spyinthecamp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tronlc
Today I had my car trailered, and thought to myself when it was being loaded if I would get a call from tracker....

When I got home (about 3 miles distance) I did not recieve a call from them..... I phoned them and they said indeed they didnt get a signal from the unit.. They said some manager bloke would phone me on Monday to arrainge an engineer to check it. To say I am unhappy about the unit is an understatement, I am please that they are getting it checked, but what would have happened if the car had been stolen? My insurance may have been void? Who would have paid for my loss???????/

Anyone else had a similar experience with tracker? If so what did you do? Did you insist they fit a new unit or get a free upgrade?

Cheers
I phoned Tracker the other week for a check up to make sure mine was working and at first was told by a nice lady that "we cannot do any system checks, we can get an engineer out, but that will cost you £80".

After a big discussion over insurance etc a manager phoned me back and said "yes we can check to see if the unit has talked to the system" and would get back to me the same day.

No phone call so I rang back next day and spoke to the same manager who then went onto their system and confirmed it was still working, but you have to take their word for it.
Old 08 August 2004, 07:14 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

They will confirm the adrress or location of where the car is as well as checking that it's working. That way you get peace of mind that all's ok.
Old 08 August 2004, 07:42 PM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

But they can only tell you address location of the unit if you have the Horizon version as the others rely on a Police vehicle to pick up the signal....
Old 08 August 2004, 08:56 PM
spyinthecamp
Scooby Regular

tronlc : agree m8