Notices

Tracker or anti-jack device

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2004, 11:25 AM
slam
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker or anti-jack device

With only the budget for one or the other (my insurance doesn't require a tracker) which is the best bet? Seen this anti-jacking device. http://www.sempal.co.uk/acatalog/VEH...Y_SYSTEMS.html Seems cheaper overall than installing a Tracker.

cheers
Old 03 August 2004, 11:53 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Tracking devices are great peace of mind, and can get you a discount on your insurance.

Anti-hijack is, IMHO, even better. If someone steals your keys, or wants you out of the car, you're protected better than you are with a tracker in my view. I'm not sure how that Spal one works if someone nicks your keys (ie, do they get 30 seconds of driving before it cuts out, or does it just not start...) but if it does, then it sounds good.
Old 03 August 2004, 12:37 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

A Tracker system and Anti-hijack devices are two completely different systems. If you are working on a budget then your best bet is a hijack device, my concern with the spal device is that what will happen if someone also locates your card then you can not really do anything.

Your better of going for a BlackJax system by clifford when you have to enter a code on a 2 button pad each time you enter the vehicle. A Tracker (Monitor) system is good if your going to be away from your vehicles for long periods (Also helps with the insurance).

Give us a call 0121 359 1617 if you have any other security concerns or questions.
Old 03 August 2004, 02:56 PM
slam
Scooby Newbie

Hi

Thanks for the advice. Seems to me it's better stopping them taking it in the first place, so I'm tempted by the anti-jacking device.

btw. I'm off to Spain for 6 months, don't know if that makes the decision easier as presumably a tracker has limits but the anti-jack device will work anywhere?

cheers
Old 03 August 2004, 03:34 PM
MotorGuard
BANNED

Tracker units by Tracker Network Ltd now also work in France and Spain aswell as the UK.