Notices

Reverse installing a Clifford alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2001, 12:57 AM
KevMac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a Clifford 50x on my car.

Feel confidant leaving it most places but if scum actually towed it away could they take the 50x out easily (less than a day?) and then get it to run?
Old 27 September 2001, 05:47 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

A pro could easily do this in under a day.

As far I'm aware there is no security device, tracker or whatever that can't be cut/jammed/bypassed/disarmed or removed given time.

All security devices do is make it more difficult and time consuming to get round.

I'm they want it bad they'll take it. You just have to hope they move on and take an easier target.

Sorry to be glum mate but I'm afraid to say that it's just the way of the world nowadays.

I've got two CAT 1s, one CAT 3 & and one CAT Q security device on my car, thats five immobilisation points, 1 physical device and 1 tracking device - & I know that a skilled thief could still take it & I would never find it again.

[This message has been edited by Chris.Palmer (edited 27 September 2001).]
Old 09 October 2001, 08:48 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

The best defence is to catch the thief unawares. Hotwiring and bypassing security is a little 90's. Over half the cars that are stolen now are taken with the keys. It doesn't take much skill or time to either steal them from your house or just accost you personally for them. If you had ten cat 1's and fifty cat 3's, pinching the keys means you're straight round the lot of them. Some sort of device which has a delayed immobilisation effect which requires some sort of personal ID to identify the authorised driver (not mentioning any product names here) thus leaving your thief stranded without warning in the middle of the road with traffic building up behind him is by far the best security for the forseeable future. I've been an advocate of such devices since the early 90's as I've known of more and more people who have suffered this kind of crime. If you're happy with all the security you have and maybe don't want to ditch it all in favour of the mighty C600, you can get just the BlackJax system as a stand alone item to complement other security (or even have it all on its own) for under £200. Well worth it. Pointless trying to get round it in the middle of a busy highway, plus they haven't had chance to drive your pride and joy into the ground or knock down any innocents as they joyride (whose medical and legal fees will all come out of your insurance). Best of all, you don't have to put up a fight when accosted for your keys at knifepoint because you know your car will only be 40 or so seconds away where it can easily be found.
Old 11 October 2001, 12:50 AM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Max the Clifford dealer:
<B>
[Snip]
If you're happy with all the security you have and maybe don't want to ditch it all in favour of the mighty C600, you can get just the BlackJax system as a stand alone item to complement other security (or even have it all on its own) for under £200. Well worth it. [/quote]

Agree with you 100% Max - BlackJax is an excellent security device - Probably the best & most useful on the market.

However, the point I was trying to make was that every system has its weakness, nothing is infallible.