Advice please on good basic car alarm and installation

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 10:14 AM
Sam Bunyon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello out there

I need to install an alarm on my scoob. I'm a bit new to this and don't know which alarm to go for or how to arrange for the installation. I've done quite a few internet searches, but the results have just made me more confused.

Given that the car's a bit old I'm not so interested in a top of the range system, just a simple alarm that doesn't go off after false alarms. I've checked out Clifford, Toad, Cobra, Sigma, etc... but it's all double dutch to me and I'm finding it difficult to compare products.

I'd also like someone to come up to my place and fit it, as if it only takes an hour or two this avoids wasting more time than is necessary.

Any advice out there on a good basic alarm and how to get it fitted ? I guess ideally I'm after a reliable company with a range of different alarms that gives honest advice and fits the thing themselves.

Thanks/

Sam
Old 09 October 2001, 06:13 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get someone who is VSIB accredited.. otherwise insurance probably wont car what you have... if it only takes an hour to fit then I would say it is not worth having... should take best part of a day... also dont have it done on your drive, make sure they do it in a garage out of site.. Get it done right you would be better of being with out your car for a day rather than permanently...

Im sure people on here can recommend a good installer... possibly mobile installer... however the places I would recommend would be in or near leeds..

Regards

David