Notices

Clifford Concept 600 owners

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2001, 08:20 PM
Yie
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
__

Last edited by Yie; 03 September 2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 26 September 2001, 09:13 AM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Concept 600 is the Dogs Danglies...

The main difference between Clifford & other alarms is dual zone proximity (radar interior & exterior zones) as opposed to ultrasonics which are more prone to false alarms.

I assume your car is a standard UK spec car (If not I would recommend the Concept 500).
There is little difference between the 500 & 600 except Price & the 3rd immobilisation (wireless fuel cut off) which causes problems for the Jap Imports.

Worth getting Turbo Timer setup also dataport & cable (assuming you own a laptop) for enabling/disabling Blackjax.

As to an Installer I would recommend Gilly at Car Electronics in Leicester.

Any other simple questions don't hesitate to ask...

I'll leave the difficult ones to Max
Old 26 September 2001, 04:42 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

As for shopping around for prices, just bear in mind that a bonafide VSIB accredited installer won't be cutting prices to the bone, as maintaining standards costs a quid or two (-:, plus it's worth finding out how long the particular dealer has been a Clifford dealer and also, how much Clifford experience the particular engineer who'll be nominated to work on your car has. In my view, much more worthwhile than trying to save £50 here and there.

Regards,

Max
Old 27 September 2001, 02:27 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I'll rephrase for clarity, I would recommend "Gilly" who happens to work at Car Electronics in Leicester. If you go there insist on him & nobody else, he knows his stuff, takes his time & does it right. He has fitted 3 Cliffords for me over the past 10 years, including my current Scooby.

To give you an example of a bad experience, the one time I could not use "Gilly" at Car Electronics (I'll not mention company names or installer names) for just the annual check & re-approval. The VSIB approved numptie left the keys in the ignition & was rather surprised when auto arming & total closure activated less than a couple of minutes into his examination of the vehicle!

[This message has been edited by Chris.Palmer (edited 27 September 2001).]
Old 28 October 2001, 12:33 AM
vineshc_uk
Scooby Newbie

Place in Leicester call KENWOOD CENTRE on Catherine Street, near Video Box (Off Gipsy Lane), will do the concept 600 for less than Car Electronics. I had my concept 500, with turbo timer fitted there (On a Renault 5 Turbo)The whole alarm took about 2 days to install.

I would recomend the concept 600, and have the digital omnisensors put on (Some sort of digital shock sensor), full explaination on:

www.clifford.co.uk