At Last - Navtrak Deal!

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2001, 08:49 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Thanks for bearing with my technical inadequacies in getting this banner up

<B> A big <I>THANK YOU</I> to Dreamweaver for the excellent webpage. Need work doing? - see him </B>

As I'm sure you all know, Navtrak offer a satelite vehicle tracking system that assists in the recovery of your vehicle should it be stolen. They offer 2 systems - the passive & the proactive.

The passive system works on the basis that you find your car is missing, tell the plod who give you a crime reference number, you tell Navtrak & they work with the police to recover your car & bring it back to you.

The proactive system tells Navtrak when your car is stolen, they tell you immediately & you get a crime ref number off the police & Navtrak work with them to bring your car back.

Simple, innit?

The units are essentially <B>FREE</B> & remain the property of Navtrak. They charge you a monthly rental (depending on system installed - £9.99 per month for passive & £14.99 for proactive) & take the units back should you wish not to continue the contract. However, this is where LVC come in 'cos you have to pay for installation. Normally @ around £175+VAT for passive & £225+VAT for proactive, we have "slashed" the cost for scoobynetters to £100 & £160 (both +VAT) respectively

My only small problem is that we are based in London but I'm trying to negotiate with other dealers so dtill worth trying me if London is out of range.

Please send emails to the address on the webpage - not to my sidc address. The telephone number goes straight to the workshop & at the moment I'll be scheduling everything.

Probably loads of questions & things I haven't covered, so post away. Navtrak have a "presence" on this board so will be able to ensure accuracy via me.

IMHO it's well worth the little cost of installation & monthly fee for the peace of mind & added security of your scoob or whatever. In a lot of cases, an insurance discount will be available (mainly for proactives) & that will more than cover the install & subs in discount.

Once again, thanks for bearing with me.

Old 19 June 2001, 09:51 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great New Puff,

For those of us who havent seen the banner yet, can you put your email on this thread!!!

Just to clarify, can you describe for me and others what the differences are between the two systems is - in terms of day to day use.

Thanks for sorting this out.

Cruise to London anyone??

Jza
Old 19 June 2001, 10:04 AM
Mark.S
Scooby Regular

Question

Just wanted to know if this is a limited offer? How long will the deal be running for?
Cheers,
Mark.
Old 19 June 2001, 10:29 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Old 19 June 2001, 11:05 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I'll have some of that. Just not at this exact minute till i get my next contract

ptholt@rocketmail.com
Old 19 June 2001, 01:50 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!:

Difference on a day to day basis is that you have to apply a "button" to a receptor on your dashboard when you have the proactive system installed, before starting the car. If you drive off without having pressed the button, then Navtrak alerted & you will get a call! It would soon become second nature to do that.

[This message has been edited by Puff The Magic Wagon! (edited 19 June 2001).][/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Puff - so this button is small and goes on your keyring? I read that you had to carry around a large card with you - the practicalities of that would be a bit of a pain!! Just want to know before deciding on the option to go for!!!!

Thanks for sorting this out for everyone - email in post !!!

Jza
Old 19 June 2001, 02:07 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

The "button" that you take with you (technically known as a "Dallas Key") comes attached to a credit card sized piece of plastic.

Can come supplied as button on the end of a key-ring but this needs to be advised before installation - ie when arranging with me!!

Old 19 June 2001, 06:25 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!:
<B>A big <I>THANK YOU</I> to Dreamweaver for the excellent webpage. Need work doing? - see him </B>
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries mate, if you need anything else give us a shout.

Anyone else interested in web work please feel free to email me via profile or sp@simon-price.co.uk.

DW
Old 19 June 2001, 07:15 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Question

Puff,

Sounds like a bargain deal.
I've mailed these questions but they may be of interest to everyone hence the posting -

How long does installation take ?
Are there any visible aerials which are fitted ?
How big is the receptacle on the dash as I thought system was supposed to be hidden ?

Cheers

Gizmo
Old 19 June 2001, 08:12 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Giz

Approximately 2-3 hrs depending on system required.
No.
About the size of a penny (decimal) & roughly the same thickness. You can always ask for it to be put in a place that is out of sight...

Old 20 June 2001, 07:19 PM
Ian Griffiths
Scooby Regular

Wink

I already have NavTrak fitted. I chose the passive system rather than having to 'disarm' every time. Thankfully I've never used it for recovery although something Puff hasn't mentioned - they were also able to direct me back to the M1 when I got lost in Northampton (Rectory Road in Rushden isn't it sir? ), a simple mobile phone call away.

I've also no visible aerial FYI.
Old 21 June 2001, 12:52 AM
GraemeC
Scooby Regular

I think this has been mentioned once but I don't remember seeing a reply. Can we still have the pre-paid subscriptions and how much to these work out at for the pro-active system?
Old 21 June 2001, 10:54 AM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Just in case nobody knew......spoke to Tesco's today and was put through to the underwriters. They confirmed they would accept Navtrak instead of Tracker as it was a Thatcham Q rated device.

I am now waiting for the quote in the poist to confirm this.

J
Old 21 June 2001, 01:13 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Yes you can & they are:

£335 - 24mnths

£485 - 36mnths

Old 21 June 2001, 02:55 PM
Silent Monkey
Scooby Regular

Interested in the proactive version but a couple of questions.

Not seen any mention so far of the fact it's a 1 year minimum contract, what's the notice period after a year?

What will you be charging for removal of the unit at the end of contract? Also what would you charge to move it to another vehicle?

Is it supplied with only 1 Dallas key? Are additional ones available?

Barry
Old 21 June 2001, 04:25 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Barry

You are correct in 1 year minimum contract. I believe all the smallprint is on the Navtrak website, but I'll answer any questions you or anyone may have.

After contract period, there is a requirement of 1 month's notice to terminate.

They/we would charge £50 +VAT to remove unit but that would have to done at an authorised installer's premises.

We would charge £125+VAT to transfer a proactive unit to another vehicle. This includes Navtrak's admin fee of £25 +VAT

The unit is supplied with 2 Dallas keys and additional are available - £10 for 1 & £18 for 2.

As said before, keyring Dallas keys are available but are ordered after installation. I think they are the same price as additional keys but awaiting confirmation. Navtrak prefer <I>NOT</I> to provide the keys as it potentially takes away some of the security of the system - ie swipe the keys & ring then they can disarm & drive off & you're none the wiser 'til later. That is a decision that you guys will have to take, but the advise from Navtrak is to keep with the card.

Old 22 June 2001, 12:30 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Ian Griffiths:
<B>something Puff hasn't mentioned - they were also able to direct me back to the M1 when I got lost in Northampton (Rectory Road in Rushden isn't it sir? ), a simple mobile phone call away.[/quote]

How much did it cost? The charge seems to be 99p/minute which will quickly add up...Then again, you'd have to get VERY lost, very often for it to cost more than a full Nav system (actually considering the passive on the wife's car for just this purpose....)