Notices

How can I make my Sigma M30 alarm sound louder?

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2001, 03:52 PM
Rob FTM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well in its standard form (UK MY99) it is very weedy is'nt it?

So how do you make it louder? Does the noise come from the cars horn so by improving that the alarm will follow or is there a separate horn for the alarm?

To most I'm sure that this is fairly obvious , but then isn't everything if you know the answer..........

Thanks in anticipation
Rob.
Old 23 May 2001, 04:59 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

There should be a sounder in there, providing the metal bracket hasn't fatigued and snapped off - a common problem. The sounder must be battery backed-up for Thatcham approval.

You can fit extra horns, ranging from another siren to air-horns internally.

Nick.
Old 24 May 2001, 10:19 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Here's a little thing you could try. The M30 doesn't have any optional siren outputs that I'm aware of (I just rip M30's out and fit C600's :-) ) and the standard siren output is a data signal so can't be messed with. But, there is an output on there known as a 'negative armed output' which goes negative when you arm the alarm, and disappears when you disarm, for triggering window closers and the like. If you connect this wire to one side of a relay's coil and the other side of the coil to an indicator output you'll have a handy set of pulsing relay contacts when the alarm is sounding which you could use for instance to run a set of airhorns. Thing is, the 'armed' indicator confirmation may begin to annoy you if the armed output activates immediately, rather than after your indicator confirmation. You'll have to try it and see as I've never done it. If it works, post the results so other M30 owners can trigger additional sirens, airhorns or even the car's own horn.