Notices

M30 Nightmare help please

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2004, 08:08 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry M30 Nightmare help please

Right just got home after 3 hours of f ing about with car,turns out aerial mast was blocking signal,wife drives hour with other fob as keypad would not work,pushed car under cover and out of site and hey presto remote works.

Gets home and only 1 fob works,tried messing with keypad,yes i know i should not have done and now i have enabled the bloody super lock thing so alarm is on,car is sat in the way and i cannot disarm the flaming thing(i have just put some beer in the freezer as this is slightly starting to wind me up like you wouldn't believe),i have owned the car from brand new and the flaming code does not work,could someone please mail me how to reset the code as i have done a search and it appears this info is about.

I am not some car theif crook scum trying to get this info,check all my other posts i have been on here for years and just need some help ,i will not pass any info on either.

Please help.

Cheers Paul
Old 28 June 2004, 10:11 AM
paul w
Scooby Regular

Cool

Got it sorted.

Cheers

Last edited by paul w; 28 June 2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03 October 2004, 10:27 PM
Pieman2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I have the same bloody problem on MY00 (also owned from new). MF keypad doesn't seem to work after I enabled the superlock and cocked up the PIN entry. The PIN now does bugger all. Could you let me know if I can solve this without heading for a dealer? Email is guy@rasonbaker.fsnet.co.uk.
Old 04 October 2004, 10:12 AM
mus...
Scooby Regular

Pieman2

I have some info on the M30 which details how to programme the unit, this gives the programmers PIN No.
But it doesn't appear to say much about the default PIN. Have you not got the user manual ?

Let me know if i can help.

Mus
Old 04 October 2004, 10:22 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

SuperLocked mine after only two weeks of ownership. PIN would not work so had to trailer the car to local car alarm shop to have it re-set. Cost 60 quid.

Hope you get it solved.
Old 04 October 2004, 01:17 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Did this myself, super locked it before going on holiday. Upon my return tried to unlock it and in the dark must have cocked up the PIN entry. You only get a couple of goes then you have to wait an hour before trying again. Worked fine in the morning.

I ended up having to sleep on my mates floor, where I'd left the car, instead of heading home to my bed Could have got pissed on the flight after all

I'll be a bit more careful if I ever superlock it again.
Old 04 October 2004, 01:24 PM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

I posted this on another thread, hope it helps:

I know the answer! Had this problem originally with a Golf GTI & Sigma M30. I spoke direct with TOAD alarms, managing director, no less! He said that the alarms made prior to '99 were set at 433mhz and were never a problem. Then the government allowed telephone companies/police/fire etc to use 420-430mhz bandwidths. So when you are near a mast/hospital or police station you get a bleed over as their signal is much stronger! I assume the guys with MY00/01 cars had older alarm units fitted.

One cheap way to overcome it is use the Top Gear trick and put the fob to your head, creating an amplified signal (no you don't have to open your mouth as some people have suggested!) It often works.

I managed to persuade the MD to send me a new unit, foc and paid a local dealer to fit it for £40 inc. So either hassle TOAD direct or buy a new unit is the only way round it, if the head trick doesn't work.

PS. I have the codes for your alarms, if you want to programme any of the features, like locking the doors on start up or turning beeps on/off. You can also programme new fobs yourself and most importantly, change the PIN number. Remember, the person before you still has your PIN number probably and can over-ride your alarm, if they are that way inclined. Mail me if you'd like the codes, put Sigma as the subject though, I delete all spam looking mails! bullkeith@aol.com
Old 04 October 2004, 06:48 PM
Pieman2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Thanks for sending some info. Looks like the keypad needs resetting. Anyone know how to do this (without resort to a dealer)?
Old 05 October 2004, 10:53 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Not sure if this helps you

http://www.wwwebcreations.co.uk/scoo...a_m30_info.pdf
Old 05 October 2004, 10:57 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

I had mine looked at under warranty, there is some extra shielding that can be fitted to prevent the radio mast problem. You don't half look an idiot in a fast car when you can't start it!