Notices

Need new siren for Clifford 600 :(

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2004, 01:01 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Need new siren for Clifford 600 :(

Found out that its the Ni-Cd battery in the siren thats flat which has made my alarm stop chirpping twice to lock.

Been told Clifford reckon the car must be driven for 8 hours to recharge the battery. Why has it gone flat and where am I going to go for 8 hours?

Anyone know of a way to recharge the battery - say on a RC car battery charger? If I can get to the battery I could probably whack a few amps into it ans see what happens.

The alarm was fitted on 09/2000 and now needs a new siren at £90+vat fitted to replace - pretty hacked off with it to be honest and its not even the right one for a Subaru becuase it doesn't roll the front windows up.

Installed by monkeys unfortunately.
Old 13 May 2004, 03:08 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
Found out that its the Ni-Cd battery in the siren thats flat which has made my alarm stop chirpping twice to lock.

Been told Clifford reckon the car must be driven for 8 hours to recharge the battery. Why has it gone flat and where am I going to go for 8 hours?

Anyone know of a way to recharge the battery - say on a RC car battery charger? If I can get to the battery I could probably whack a few amps into it ans see what happens.

The alarm was fitted on 09/2000 and now needs a new siren at £90+vat fitted to replace - pretty hacked off with it to be honest and its not even the right one for a Subaru becuase it doesn't roll the front windows up.

Installed by monkeys unfortunately.

Most things are down to how they are fitted with alarms mate. Like you said probably the primates who bodged it in who have caused most of the problems. A concept 600 does have window closure on it so it sounds like the idiots havent wired it up properly.

When you say the wrong alarm I assume it is a Subaru modified one. Due to high levels of electrical interference Clifford make special Concept 300 and 600 models with larger resistors specially for the Impreza. I believe standard 600s etc had problems and went wrong because of interference. Worth checking you have one in yours

Siren wise they mean 8 hours overall not in one journey. The only thing the siren battery dying will affect is the battery back up siren. Ie when you detach the cars battery the siren won't go off if it has no bat. If its not chirping it sounds like the siren itself has gone wrong. Might be worth talking to clifford technical, I know a couple of the guys who work there so drop me a pm telling me what the problems are and ill ask for you.
Old 14 May 2004, 10:01 AM
Mark@Clifford/Directed
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarification

Modifications are only required on Concept 500's & 600's not the Concept 300.
Due to charge circuits on Impreza's the supply to our microprocessors are very unstable causing issues with the complex 600/500, the modification changes the supply/regulator circuit and uses caps to filter the noise.

If you have lost Arm/Disarm chirps it is usually down to flat ni-cads and a charge will revive them, sometimes the ni-cads may fail and charging will have no effect. With a C500/600 the first port of call will be to check Unmarked 2 *2 in the user programming and ensure you get a 1chirp(off) confirmation this will ensure that a flat vehicle battery has not caused any software to revert. If this feature was already off then you will get a 2 chirp confirmation, confirming you have just turned it on, therefore ensure you switch it back off before getting the siren checked out.

Hope this clears things up.