Notices

Can't put Clifford 600 into program mode!

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2004, 04:39 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Can't put Clifford 600 into program mode!

My car is fitted with a Clifford 600 and recently it flatly refuses to beep twice when locking the doors.

Before now, I've managed to get it into program mode and reset everything and it started to beep twice again. Now however after I enter the valet code and hold the button down to enter program mode it just won't have it.

The previous owner had the alarm installed and its rubbish quite frankly. Its stuck on the boring alarm sound not the fancy spaceship taking off one. The front doors wern't fitted with the window winder thing so they don't work from the alarm and the proximity sensor ignores all manner of yob stood next to the car and goes mental when next doors cat walks underneath it.

Any help
Old 04 May 2004, 08:48 PM
luddite dave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have lost both arm and disarm chirps but the siren goes off normally there are three things that could have happened ,the silent arm /disarm mode has been turned on,the alarms silent night mode has been switched on or the battery backup pack has run flat in the siren or died.Has for the microwave detecting when a cat goes under the car is strange,the microwave transmits through glass and plastic but not metal so unless its mounted upside down under the car its unusual for it to detect the cat.
Old 05 May 2004, 10:29 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

It still gives one chrip for unlocking but nothing to say its locked. Its seems to happen when pressing the button on the fob to lock silently and thereafter it stays silent. It used to go back to two beeps on its own or the one time I managed to get it to reset everything but now it flatly refuses to either enter program mode or beep twice no matter what button I press.