Notices

tracker and blackjaks

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2004, 11:40 AM
scoobydave14
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tracker and blackjaks

hi all have not had my sti 03 long now and im very concerned about the number of thefts on here so i had clifford blackjaks fitted and also a friend of mine says if they get your car they would be able to remove the tracker very quickly so i was wonderin if it was possible to move the unit inside the car somewhere safer and also if the *******s break in and get my keys would the blackjaks be a good detterant cheers for the help just very worried
Old 21 March 2004, 11:51 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The actual number of thefts of scoobs is minimal, normally older cars with low security.
The anti hijack will keep your car safe but if you are concerned you can also add a disclok and a movable gate post, the tracking system is best left alone though, most theives wont bother looking for one, they will just leave the car parked up and keep an eye out to see if its recovered or not.
Having owned 2 scoobs now (nearly 4 years of ownership) no one has ever broken into the house or the car to attempt to seal it, i live in what they (insurance co's) class as a high risk area (robbing gits) so that says it all really.

Tony
Old 21 March 2004, 11:54 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having had a BlackJax installed I'd say its no deterrent whatsoever, as its virtually invisible to a car thief

The idea of the system is for your own personal safety in the event of a car jacking.

the carjacker will only be able to drive your car for a maxiumum of 1/2 a mile before the engine cuts out. so you wouldnt have to put up a struggle, if he wants it let him take it.

I also leave my car keys downstairs now at night knowing that if someone broke in they wouldnt have to bother me or my other half to get the keys,but also knowing that they wouldnt get very far and I could retrieve the car easily.

IMO its an excellent peice of security.

Phil