Notices

Why is my clifford 500 doing this?

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2003, 08:31 AM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

It has been a couple of weeks now that I haven’t driven my car due to it not starting (does not turn over)
It got to a point that I thought it could be the alarm & I had to make sure it wasn’t the cause. So I disconnected it, Battery disconnected first, alarm disarmed, disconnecting & labelling the wires as I went along. I reconnected the original wires & tried to start the car but still no joy, would not turn over. However the alarm is out of the equation which now points that the cause is somewhere else. Eventually found it to be a faulty ignition switch.
I the reconnected the alarm wires & the new ignition switch, but now when the battery is connected the alarm siren is going off & all indicators /rear lamps are flashing. Both fobs master & spare do not de activate the alarm. Have tried entering the valet code with key in ign turned to on position but still the alarm is going off?
I have in the past removed the battery from the car & never had a problem, the alarm would sound immediately after reconnecting the battery, but I could stop it by pressing the fob.

Old 16 December 2003, 10:19 AM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

It thinks you are nicking it, mine is doing all of the above when it goes into Blackjax mode only a Clifford dealer can sort it out.

Valet mode only works if the alarm is not in Blackjax state

Other words they all do that sir

I hope you have the modified version of the c500 for the wrx!

[Edited by Ajax - 12/16/2003 10:20:19 AM]
Old 16 December 2003, 06:41 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

You have probably spiked the alarm unit. Find the main fuses for it ( 5amp & 20amp ) remove them. The side of the fuse holder which goes to the alarm push a bit of wire in to it and then touch that to earth for a few seconds. plug it all back in, and reprogram the remotes.
Old 16 December 2003, 10:25 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Give me a ring in the morning and i will talk you through the disarm procedure
Rich (motorguard)01213591617
Old 17 December 2003, 08:45 AM
ticky
Scooby Senior

I had the blackjax mode turned off ages ago it just annoyed me having to enter the valet code everytime the passenger doors were opened as well as auto arming.
Ajax as for the modified version c500 i havent got a clue. How would you know if it has.Is there a special chip or something.
Blackjax has its benefits but not if the jacker knows about it demanding the code before the throws you out the car.
WannaB4 thanks but I will proberly make more mess of it.
Doc clifford Im also in the nice bit of brum very close to you, just by my old school, as im on lates I will be asleep when your open plus im working this weekend. When do you close for xmas & re-open. I rather bring it done after your xmas hols.
Old 17 December 2003, 08:50 PM
luddite dave
Scooby Regular

Assuming the battery is fully charged you must make sure the ignition cut wires are the right way round because if they are'nt the alarm won't regognise the ignition is on so you wont be able to disarm blackjax.