Notices

M30 Alarm Problem - The Next Stage.....

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2003, 10:56 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that alot of you guys are suffering with the same problems as me. A mobile phone mast has gone up near my house and like you guys, the remote fob won't work . I reported the problem to the Radio Communication Agency (as my BBC1 reception was a bit crap too) and they confirmed the phone mast is interfering with my TV and my alarm, but as alarms use unlicenced frequencies, I have no come back on the mobile phone company.

Whilst those of you who have UK cars can go back to Subaru to have the ecu sheilded or replaced, it's not so easy for those who have imports that have had allarms fitted by car alarm companies, who have gone out of business since installation!

Anyway, I have found a Sigma dealer who is prepared to have a look my car (MY99 WRX with M30 fitted 11/00) and tomorrow afternoon he will be extending the aerial cable from the ecu to the keypad, thereby allowing me to put the keyfob right up to the window and decrease the chances of the signal being interfered with before it hits the alarm itself.

I'll post a note to let you know if there's any improvement.

SS23.