Notices

Calling a Clifford expert..

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2003, 06:48 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to add another fob to my Clifford 50...Have got the install manual and followed what it says but can't seem to get it in to program mode. Done the rocker to enter my 3 digit pin but on the third digit it beeps after every momentary switch as if its only 2 digits long is that right ? I try and hold the momentary switch on for a couple of secs to enter program mode but it seems to have none of it. Any ideas guys my current fob is going to expire anytime soon
Old 19 September 2003, 06:19 PM
Maximum_Impact
Scooby Newbie

Presumably you are trying this with ignition on, i have sometimes had better results programming with the engine running, especially if you are having difficulties.I'm not sure why this is, it might be the higher voltage present at the alarm cpu when the engine is running.
Try programming using the default code, i have had many of the C50s revert to the dfeault code for no apparent reason.

Martin
Old 20 September 2003, 05:22 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the response Martin...tried doing it while the engine is running no joy. I'm sure the code i'm using is right because after entering I can change the consumer options like auto arming etc but cant seem to enter the test mode......
I start to put in valet code
on the second digit the light comes on and stays on
3rd digit will stay on if leave latched, hold to momentary side and light goes off and no chirp. But tap momentary side and chirp after each tap....which I can use to switch of auto arming etc.......Its driving me (and my neighbours) mad !

AHHHHHH!!!!
Old 20 September 2003, 06:21 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Update: Managed to change my valet code to see if that would help.....Nope enter valet code hold momentary switch on light goes off nothin...
Old 22 September 2003, 05:59 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Help !
Old 23 September 2003, 02:31 PM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

I think you need to enter valet code then click the switch 10 times (will chirp after about 5 clicks I think) then press button 1 on the remote to register it.
Buttons 2, 3 and 4 registered with 11,12 and 13 clicks if I recall.
Old 24 September 2003, 12:58 AM
Maximum_Impact
Scooby Newbie

Make sure you count the number of presses, NOT the number of chirps. If the programming is initialised and the cpu is counting presses then it will start to chirp after the third press and every one there-after. It can be confusing sometimes as the chirp is slightly out of sync with the switch.
Are you sure the remote is actually transmitting? (lighting the led on the remote does not always mean it's transmitting)

Martin

[Edited by Maximum_Impact - 9/24/2003 1:00:40 AM]
Old 26 September 2003, 07:33 AM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the help guys I hope I have not managed to delete my current fob as that ones not responding now your'e right though its starts to chirp after the third press. I will try 10 clicks to program the fob but the matrix I have mentions 2 momentary and 2 latched switches to program. I just cant seem to get it in a state to accept program mode....
Old 01 October 2003, 12:32 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Sorted this out in the end.....It was 10 presses of momentary.....But my remote needed a new battery DOH !!!! it was working fine but just din't have enuff power to register when programming.....