Notices

A Word Of Warning...

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2003, 11:45 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This weekend i booked my car to a Clifford dealership to have alittle work done.We talked about where i wanted the Blackjax switch to be and thats about it, i wrongly assumed they would take enough care of my babe to not worry about things.(more so as they commented how nice condition the car was in...)

Anyways, the next day i went back to pick her up, only to find this *** has drilled the alarm siren to the bulkhead!! ... i mean, drilling my car and not asking me first?? So i'm alittle annoyed, more so when he proclaims while i'm looking at it "good aren't i?".

I keep my mouth shut, and jokingly say to my m8 while telling him the tale 'at least he didn't drill the bulkhead to pass the wires through".

Out of curiosity (and also to remove the siren and put silicone sealer behind it) guess what i finds? .... a fecking hole the ***** drilled for his cables to pass through! Fair enough its not that big and hes put a grommet in the hole, but even so!!!!

Anyways, i've primed and painted the edges of the hole, and put the grommet back, but still very annoyed, not sure if with him or myself for not clarifying things first! My dad says not to worry, and that it'll be the last thing he'd worry about, but thats him right, and not me?!

So basically, a word of warning, if your having similar work done to your Scoob/whatever, clarify exactly what the installation consists of, otherwise be prepared for a big disappointment like myself!

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 July 2003, 09:46 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Sorry, I was wrong - there's 4 authorised Clifford fitters in Leeds:

Leeds Car Audio
Maximum Impact
RAM (Morley Car Radio)
Unicar

I guess it was one of those then? I know who it wasn't, as the one I use religiously wouldn't do that...

[Edited by chiark - 7/7/2003 9:51:07 AM]
Old 07 July 2003, 06:34 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Would you recommend Maximum Imapct then Nick?
Old 08 July 2003, 10:05 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Maximum Impact - they've sorted me out for years now and take a real pride in their work.

Never used the others, so can't comment.
Old 08 July 2003, 08:47 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

Definately recommend Maximum Impact too. Did an excellent job on my MY03 a few weeks back.

Clifford approved dealer and also VSIB approved (Northern Area Rep so not any bodge jobs).

Andy.

Think Nick saw my car being done from what Max said at the end of the day.
Old 09 July 2003, 04:45 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I did indeed mate - I was nipping in to borrow his golden ears...
Old 16 July 2003, 12:39 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

ALWAYS try Max in Leeds - You know it makes sense!!!

Trending Topics

Old 16 July 2003, 11:20 PM
white scooby
Scooby Senior

Always used Leeds Car Audio never had any probs!!
Old 24 July 2003, 10:48 PM
jusb
Scooby Regular

The guy that fitted my alarm to my 03 has drilled through my chassis no for the bracket for the horn--- i wanna rip the ****ing retards head off
Old 25 July 2003, 07:52 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Angry

Why are there so many moron's out there fitting car audio/alarms, if this so called expert fitter did this to my baby , I would be doing a stretch for GBH!!!!!!!!!And he would be eating hospital food for a long time.
Worth checking these people out before they get there hands on your pride and joy.

[Edited by BigRed - 7/25/2003 9:46:14 PM]
Old 27 July 2003, 01:42 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Richi . how did you think they should have screwed the siren down without drilling holes??

[Edited by doctor CLIFFORD - 7/27/2003 1:44:54 PM]
Old 27 July 2003, 10:38 PM
dave cos4x4
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean about drilling holes etc... but you are not going to keep the car that long that you will see it rust.
Security is more important these days so we have no choice. As long as you have sealed it up the it will be o.k for years!

Dave.
Old 28 July 2003, 08:03 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Angry

O.K , so you have to drill holes for the siren, but surely not through the chassis number, and what is wrong with passing the cables through the grommits in the bulkhead that already exist, and not throught a self drilled hole with no paint on it with just a crap grommit pushed in, 10 years down the line this will be a source of corrosion and possible water ingress into the car, causing more damage.

I have fitted numerus alarms to all types of car and NEVER drilled through bulkheads always used existing grommits for cables , or fitted the siren where it is going to hinder chassis numbers ETC I've always tried to use a place where there is existing bolts or threaded holes that will take bolts, only if i have to will i drill a cars body work, this is always a last resort.

Maybe some of these so called fitters are not given the correct time to properly fit alarms, so drilling a cars body will take less time than actually searching out a decent place for the siren/cables where no holes would need to be drilled.

[Edited by BigRed - 7/28/2003 8:04:50 PM]
Old 01 August 2003, 06:45 AM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Not been back to this thread for a few days, sorry.

BigRed has it in one, theres plenty of pre-threaded holes along the inner wings, theres also alot of other brackets that he could have mounted off, i fully expected him to mount it on one of the pre-threaded holes. Grommets wise theres plenty too, i could have even shown him the nearest had he asked me before hand! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Oh, and as for selling the car before it starts rusting, i'm having 2.5k's worth of MoTeC ECU fitted on the 12th Aug, and will be taking the car out to 2.3litres over the winter period.It will be staying around for awhile yet!!!

The cars an Evo6 b.t.w, before i get shot down in flames if Scoob's dont have the afore mentioned holes!