Notices

does anyone use the alarm keypad??

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2003, 05:27 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was just wondering if anyone uses the alarm keypad ? i dont but i live in a pretty crime free area ,
Old 03 July 2003, 05:35 PM
jwallis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I assumed it was only there for when the ultrasonic on the key fails.
Old 03 July 2003, 05:48 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

That's all I thought too. In fact only had the Scoob for about 2 weeks now and experienced my first remote jam that I'd read about on here! In my office car park the remote was just having no effect! Made me look like a right pratt and in the end I had to go in with the key and put the code into the pad! Must get that Clifford soon...!
Old 03 July 2003, 06:04 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Use it to change the code occaisionaly. I think you can use it to change the way that the alarm operates. There is quite a bit in the instruction from what I remember
Old 03 July 2003, 06:09 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

ye, u can shut the car down with it so even if they have the keys and alarm remote it wont start, good if u go on holiday and leave the car in the garage and they break into your house for the keys.

also use it to change stuff such as auto door lock on engine start up, volume of alarm on arm/disarm
Old 03 July 2003, 06:13 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I did think of using it in ultra or WTF mode but that means setting the alarm off every time I enter the car, so no-go.

I tried 'safety mode' where it locks the doors when the ignition is turned on but it then automatically unlocks them when the ignition is turned off, rather than when you're necessarily ready to leave the car. I prefer the absolute choice of when it unlocks i.e. when I pull the door handle.

Vindaloo.
Old 03 July 2003, 07:47 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Aha I like the idea of that 'safety' mode where it locks the doors when the ignition comes on. I'm having to do it myself at the moment and I've forgotten a few times. I'll have to figure out how to do it...
Old 03 July 2003, 08:16 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Vindaloo, I thought in ultra mode you had to enter PIN on the keypad to switch off the immobiliser, the alarm should still deactivate with the keyfob as normal.

Andy
Old 03 July 2003, 09:22 PM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

I've got the codes for setting the safe modes, volume controls and the "beep" when you arm and disarm the alarm etc etc, kindly e-mailed to me by a Scoobynet fellow member(Sorry can't remember his username)
Only problem is it's on the pc at work and i'm not back there till next monday.
When i'm nexted in the office i'll post the basics.

Adam
Old 04 July 2003, 09:11 AM
Andrewj
Scooby Regular

Question

I bought the car second hand a few months ago, and don't know the code. Any idea where / how I can get it?

Thanks.

AJ
Old 04 July 2003, 09:35 AM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

Dan J, YHM...
Old 04 July 2003, 10:02 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

I've had the car 10 months and only found out (off here) about these different modes (as i didn't read the handbook). So last night i read the alarm manual to fond ot how to add safety mode and it satrted going on about the key pad. WTF, i din't even know there was a key pad! So i spent 10 minutes in my dressing gown in the middle of the street crawling around my car. I eventually found it, but not until i had shown my bare **** to half of the neihbours and a chap coming out of the off licence!

Where is the original key code written down? Is it the number on the back of your key?
Old 04 July 2003, 11:41 AM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

igf I remember rightly, the original code is 4 numbers and came on the smallest piece of card I'd ever seen and it was tucked into my Sigma alarm manual if thats any help (colour of the card was light blue if it's any help !)
Old 04 July 2003, 11:54 AM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

You can get the code re-set at the scooby dealers if you don't know it - probably need proof of ownership if you're not known at your dealers.

I've got the instructions off a fellow scoobynet poster too (again can't remember his name, so sorry to the kind chap). Mail me if anyone wants them and I'll forward them to you when I get home.

Safety mode is a good idea with all the carjackings you hear about, imo. Just activated it on mine.

Edited it 'coz my typing is carp, sorry crap!!!

[Edited by scoobimax - 7/4/2003 11:55:29 AM]

Another one spotted. Any more?

[Edited by scoobimax - 7/4/2003 11:56:27 AM]
Old 04 July 2003, 11:57 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

to activate safety mode, turn on ignition, press 4 on key pad, turn off ignition, job done. Oh and flash your **** at the next neighbour
Old 04 July 2003, 02:02 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Austen_WRX

You might have missed a bit out there mate.

Mine says to blip the keyfob once after turning on the ignition, then use the keypad.

Apologies if I'm wrong

Vindaloo

Old 04 July 2003, 05:05 PM
jerseyscoob
Scooby Regular

Cool

Use it to change the code now and again but mainly need to use it as i work near a telecommunications company so their signal strength sometime over power the keyfob.

Old 04 July 2003, 07:24 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm going out to the car now to read the manual , i suppose i'd better do it some time eh!!
Old 04 July 2003, 09:19 PM
Dan J
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the mail wideboyuk. I dug out my manual this morning too and sorted it. At least I'm a bit better protected until I drag myself off to get the Clifford done now!
Old 05 July 2003, 09:23 AM
rb5037
Scooby Regular

The following features are switchable by the end user, using the keypad, and are detailed in the back of your operating instructions.
To access this mode - turn on the vehicle ignition, press the remote button once, type one of the numbers listed in the chart below, immediately turn off the ignition. The numbers will have the following effect:

Number
Function

Last trigger isolation - allows the system to be set excluding any circuit giving a trigger signal at the end of the settle time (i.e. allows the system to be set with a defective bonnet switch, without “false alarming” until the switch can be replaced)

Turns off the bleeps only for the next time the system is armed (If bleeps turned on!)

Turn off ultrasonics only for the next time the system is armed (also possible by pressing the Remote Key with the ignition on before arming)

Puts the system into valet mode (effectively freezing the passive immobilisation and any other features such as auto arm when the vehicle goes in for service. System re-activated by arming with the remote key).

Turn on auto-lock (an anti-hijack feature that locks the doors and boot when the ignition is turned on)

Turn off auto-lock

Turn off bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
(Turned off at manufacture to comply with legislation)

Turn on bleeps every time system is armed or disarmed
( Note: This will contravene current legislation)

Displays vehicle’s battery voltage – 10 flashes on dashboard LED = approximately 10 volts

Turn on super-lock for next set period (allows the alarm to arm, but then shuts down the receiver. This reduces the systems current consumption if the vehicle is left for a number of weeks. The system then can only be disarmed using your PIN number , this gives protection even if your keys are stolen, whilst you are away on holiday.

Toggles between loud and soft arming/disarming bleeps if selected ( See above note in 7)

I guess it's ok to post, reason i ask as no one else has.

Adam